Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Holiday Rebates

November 15, 2007

Pentax has recently dispatched e-mail notices to its customers regarding a new rebate program that will be effective through January 31, 2008. This rebate, known as the "Brighten Your Holidays DSLR Rebate," uses the same mail-in format as the previous rebates.

The following items are eligible for the rebate:

-Pentax K10D Body ($100)
-Pentax K100D Super Body ($100)

-AF-360 FGZ Flash ($25)
-AF-540 FGZ Flash ($25)
-K10D Battery Grip ($25)

-SMC Pentax-DA 50-200mm ($25) (only when bundled with a camera kit)

-SMC Pentax-DA 21mm Limited ($50)
-SMC Pentax-DA 40mm Limited ($50)
-SMC Pentax-DA 70mm Limited ($50)
-SMC Pentax-FA 31mm Limited ($100)
-SMC Pentax-FA 43mm Limited ($100)
-SMC Pentax-FA 77mm Limited ($100)

-Pentax Optio W30 ($30)

Unfortunately, regular DA and DA* lenses are excluded from this rebate.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-16-2007, 12:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

and unfortunately countries other than USA also are excluded.

could you change the topic to reflect that ?
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
and unfortunately countries other than USA also are excluded.

could you change the topic to reflect that ?
Yeah, again... Does anybody know why exactly that is? I mean, the prices are higher outside of the US even without the price cuttings.
11-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi all

Why do I feel left out of the party ? I mean, COME ON, PENTOYA, wake up and smell the coffee ! Are you FOR REAL or not.
I am soooo SICK & TIRED of reading about the ridiculously cheap prices you offer to your customers in the USA.
As if this situation isn't enough, YOU COMPOUND THE PROBLEM further by offering continual REBATE OFFERS to them as well !
Is it any surprise that your loyal European customer base is getting thoroughly HACKED-OFF by this inequitable situation ????????
Where precisely is it carved in stone that American consumers have a divine right to receive the best deal, REGARDLESS of what current exchange rates are doing......I guess that argument doesn't hold water any longer !
JUST HOW LOW does the US $ have to fall against sterling or the € euro before something changes in our favour ?????
Yes, WE'RE MAD AS HELL OVER HERE and we have every right to be.
For F***K-SAKE PENTOYA, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.........LIKE YESTERDAY !!!!!!!!.....
(rant over.....steps down from soap-box.....lol !)

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 11-18-2007 at 09:44 AM.
11-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Come on Pentax. It's a global community now. Share the cost savings around the globe.
11-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I guess I'm not the only one that feels this way. I called Pentax Canada before I purchased my K100D back in June and asked if any rebates were available for Canadian consumers, she simply said not at this time. I was pissed and almost bought my camera from the US, having it shipped to a friend then to me to take advantage of the rebates and save $150. Again, another bad marketing movie by Pentax, especially around Christmas time.

Coming from a fellow Canadian where the loonie was worth $1.10 US last week still having to pay higher prices is pissing off consumers, WalMart at least is offering the US equivalent on dual priced products like cards, magzines, etc.
Here's an article I read yesterday that sums up why US pricing is generally better. Please don't take offense to the title:

CBC News: Reports from abroad: Neil Macdonald
11-17-2007, 06:27 AM   #7

Canon has before offered something similar in Sweden (not a holiday-campaign though), although Pentax does not. Hopefully Pentax will realize eventually that this actually helps sales not only in USA.
11-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Forum Member

Well, it's all because americans showed 230 some odd years ago that we really don't like taxes, and we don't want to pay higher prices on things then we have in the past, even if we really should. Start a revolution over taxes and next thing you'll know, blam rebates from every country everywhere.
;oP

11-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

For example selling a DA*50-135mm at $1299 MAP in Canada and even more in the EU when it's $899-999 in the US and both currencies are much stronger than the drowning US$ simply sucks. It's not the retailers fault from what I can see. Pentax is making much higher profits outside the US to offset the slim margin/high volume business in the US. And they aren't the only ones.
11-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Hi Peter

Re your statement:

QuoteQuote:
Pentax is making much higher profits outside the US to offset the slim margin/high volume business in the US.
PRECISELY MY POINT. Elsewhere around this global community especially in Europe, we're effectively
SUBSIDISING U.S. PRICES !....... Enough is enough is enough !!!!!!!! It's GOT TO END !!!

Best regards
richard
11-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #11

This is not only Pentax's fault, consider the extra import-taxes added by other countries. This can add up to 100 % to the prices in the USA.

If prices are too high in your country outside the US (like in Europe), complaint to your ouwn government. It's the public administration who steals your money, not the manufacturer....
( and perhaps your dealer who wants a too large peace of the pie

-----
Pentax K10D | Pentax ist DL | Sigma 135-400 F4.5-5.6 | Sigma 17-70, F2.8-4.5 | Pentax SMC 50-200 | Pentax kitlens 18-55 | Sigma 28mm prime 1.8 | Sigma prime 105 2.8 macro |
11-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeda Quote
This is not only Pentax's fault, consider the extra import-taxes added by other countries. This can add up to 100 % to the prices in the USA.

If prices are too high in your country outside the US (like in Europe), complaint to your ouwn government. It's the public administration who steals your money, not the manufacturer....
( and perhaps your dealer who wants a too large peace of the pie
EU import tax for digital cameras is 0%. VAT depends on country. Average 20%. Take off European prices VAT and import tax and they still will be way higher than USA prices.
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Price Drop!

Looks like Pentax Canada is either finally noticing an issue and unfair pricing, perhaps loosing strong customer sales to other manufactures now that others have appeared to lower prices also just before Christmas. You can get a K100D body for the same price in Canada as the US for the most part:

US Pricing:
Amazon.com: Pentax K100D 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera Shake Reduction (Body Only): Camera & Photo

Canadian Pricing:
Buy Pentax K100D - Price Comparison - Canada

Makes me wish I never bought my K100D until now, to save myself $250, but I guess that's the digital camera world works, that and perhaps the anticipated Pentax press-release in Jan.
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #14

I still haven't gotten my $50 rebate from May. The phone # from the rebate form is disconnected and CSR from Pentax is simply rude.
I guess it's time to call BBB
12-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #15

Pentax: back to their old tricks

I bought a k100D super right after this "Brighten Your Holidays DSLR Rebate" was announced.
Sent in correctly filled out form with all requested materials. I check the rebate status often.
Today, after reading about a rebate rejection in another forum, I checked my rebate status.
Rebate denied. They claim a problem with the UPC. I sent in the correct UPC. Luckily I keep copies of everything and even use certified mail with >$50 rebates.

I've sent in many non-photo rebates in the past and have never had a problems.

What is it with camera companies and rebates ?

Art