Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

My slingbag should be on my dorrstep when I get home tonight.

Nice looking bag!

Ray

11-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
Veteran Member

My slingbag should be on the doorstep when I get home tonight.

Good looking bag!

Ray
12-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My lens cap and pen order from two weeks ago is still backordered! How hard is it to stock some pens and plastic caps?
12-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
well it had a lot i did not need LOL and it was pricey

12-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Should receive the Pentax sling bag from the store tomorrow. Will report back on it when I get a chance if anyone is interested.

Greg

Tap..tap..tap..
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Hey guys,
I checked the new webstore. And I have serious question to ask:
Does anybody know if they are shipping overseas?!? I would be over the moon. Even with shipping some of the lenses are coming up to something like 50-75% of UK retail price.
So, please, does andybody know wheter they do ship overseas? Or do I have to contact them directly..
many thanx
The prices don't include any taxes or import duty. US prices never show the sales taxes unlike here where it (the VAT) is included. Even if you buy from a source that does ship overseas like B&H, it works out as follows:

To get a reasonable estimate, add $50 for shipping, then about 5% for duty, then 17.5% for the VAT plus any clearance charges. I think you will find that the UK prices are actually cheaper nowadays.

For example take the DA*16-50 at $899.95, add $50 = approx £475.00, then add 5% duty (£24), then add VAT (£87.28), that makes a total of 586.00 without any clearance and handling charges UPS may impose. Typical UK retail prices inc VAT are around £529, i.e. £57 cheaper. Then think about the hassle regarding any possible warranty issues.
01-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #22
Inactive Account

The web store seems to be restricted only to USA ! Now what good is that for the others without any connections in the US == that is more like a US Web Store !
01-03-2008, 02:37 AM   #23
Inactive Account

They certainly donot seem to be shipping overseas which is evident when one fills out the shipping form and in the payment detail form .

01-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, my lens cap and pen arrived a month and a half later...
01-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #25
Ed in GA

I ordered their sling bag on Monday. It showed to be in stock. On Wednesday, it showed being backordered.

I sent them an e-mail asking why it was on back order when their site showed it in stock.

The only reply I got from them told me when it would be back in stock and did not answer my question.

Oh Well,

It "should" be here in two weeks.
01-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
November 16, 2007

This week, Pentax launched its new online store, replacing the old shopping cart previous found on Pentax Imaging - Home. The store, accessible at PentaxWebstore - Home, is part of Pentax's marketing campaign which previously launched sites such as the Pentax Photo Gallery, Pentaxian, PentaxSLR, and H2OCamera.

The new Pentax Web Store is operated by SureSource, LLC, but directly controlled by Pentax.

"Based in Shelton, Connecticut and founded in 1989, SureSource provides a complete outsourcing solution for licensed and branded product manufacturers seeking to conduct direct to consumer e-commerce. SureSource's services include end-to-end solutions for website design and hosting, order and payment processing, warehousing, inventory management, picking, packing, shipping, order tracking and returns processing, as well as in-bound telemarketing and customer support."

The store features a very simple navigation system as well as a large selection of accessories such as lens caps and cases. It is complete with images for all items, though at this time, many are still out of stock. In order to protect retailers, the Pentax Web Store's prices on DSLR bodies and lenses are consideradly higher that those of the retail stores. For example, the SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm kit lens costs $215.95 in the online store, while it retails for $99 and has fallen to as little as $50 in second-hand sales.
Thanks for the info.