Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
For $280? That is going to be my "Purse/handbag" camera!!! Nice Pentax!

08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

It's not something I would buy, but the price is good. Any word if it shoots RAW?
08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nope, no Raw, but in this category only Paasonic and Leica offer Raw at higher prices than $279.95
08-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Nope, no Raw, but in this category only Paasonic and Leica offer Raw at higher prices than $279.95
Oh well, they lost an opportunity to differentiate themselves from the pack.

08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Oh well, they lost an opportunity to differentiate themselves from the pack.
since the oly announced has similar specs but is 2 mp less and $50 more i think the differentiating is at the price / value level on this one
08-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
For $280? That is going to be my "Purse/handbag" camera!!! Nice Pentax!
Big purse. This is a pretty big camera. It is sure priced well, but I think I'd rather have a Q with an optional superzoom.

Last edited by kenafein; 08-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Price is good for me
Feature set is good for me
full auto is my shooting style even with a 3K+ DSLR body

once in awhile i'll set it to "P" to make it look like i'm a "shooting like a BOSS" LOL :P

I'm probably the only one in this forum whose's gonna get one LOL
Luckily i didn't make it to the store for the FZ200 (not there yet) or the LX7 ....and catching this news on the forums...saved me a couple of $$$ for SD cards on sale at B&H.
Now do i pre-order from B&H and support both seller and forum or my local dealer who doesn't know it's coming but wants me to get the panasonics?

08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Big purse. This is a pretty big camera. It is sure priced well, but I think I'd rather have a Q with the optional superzoom.
Superzoom? The only zoom lens with a Q mount is the 02 zoom with 28-80mm equivalent FoV.
08-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Superzoom? The only zoom lens with a Q mount is the 02 zoom with 28-80mm equivalent FoV.
I meant, they could make this superzoom fixed lens for the Q. Then you'd have the option of going small or large as needed.
08-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #25
Moo

One thing I like about the design of that is the projecting "eye hole".. Saves having to smush your nose against the back of the camera so much. Other than that it's surprisingly DSLR-looking.
08-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Big purse. This is a pretty big camera. It is sure priced well, but I think I'd rather have a Q with an optional superzoom.
Big purse? Didn't you know the idea for the Tardis came from women's handbags?
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #27

The Olympus has a more far ranging zoom. The wide angle is the same, although it is as wide angle as any normal person would need(I am the exception.) Panorama sweep can deal with the odd ultra wide requirement. Overall, it looks like a good package with loads of features at a good price.All we need for the killer camera in the class is for the extra zoom range, a dedicated IR remote control(to allow for truly superb self portraits) and a dedicated fisheye converter. Still, it appears to be great value for money and thus worthy of consideration. Do note, Photokina is just around the corner, so there will be some new offerings from all the manufacturers in the leadup and at the show.
Must say, it would be a pretty big camera for a purse! Big question from a marketing perspective- is it better to pack features in to a price or better to pack a price in to the features? I for one am happy to pay an extra $50 for some nice features or even the versatility to add extra features like a dedicated IR remote, which could be a detachable part of the grip(it would be rare to be both holding the camera and using a remote at the same time.)
08-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fisheye freak Quote
The Olympus has a more far ranging zoom. The wide angle is the same, although it is as wide angle as any normal person would need(I am the exception.) Panorama sweep can deal with the odd ultra wide requirement. Overall, it looks like a good package with loads of features at a good price.All we need for the killer camera in the class is for the extra zoom range, a dedicated IR remote control(to allow for truly superb self portraits) and a dedicated fisheye converter. Still, it appears to be great value for money and thus worthy of consideration. Do note, Photokina is just around the corner, so there will be some new offerings from all the manufacturers in the leadup and at the show.
Must say, it would be a pretty big camera for a purse! Big question from a marketing perspective- is it better to pack features in to a price or better to pack a price in to the features? I for one am happy to pay an extra $50 for some nice features or even the versatility to add extra features like a dedicated IR remote, which could be a detachable part of the grip(it would be rare to be both holding the camera and using a remote at the same time.)
Oly has no EVF have fun holding that steady when out at 900mm
Pentax EVF is nothing to write home about but of all the new 20x zoom + models this year only the 2 fuji and the pentax even have an EVF (the top fuji has a much better EVF but it is over twice the price)