Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Albums
Wondering if the new K-5 will somehow keep the former external battery pack option? Or if strangely enough there will be a forced need to have a new one.

Btw, anyone hear of the "possibility" that this new K-5 will have twin bays for memoery cards - even though not officially mention yet?

09-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Wondering if the new K-5 will somehow keep the former external battery pack option? Or if strangely enough there will be a forced need to have a new one. Btw, anyone hear of the "possibility" that this new K-5 will have twin bays for memoery cards - even though not officially mention yet?
The pics and specs on PentaxImaging.com don't show it with dual card slots but do state that the D-BG4 works with it. I was hoping to be able to see the selected AF point on the top LCD like how the D7000 does but the pics on Pentax's website show that's not the case either. Basically, it seems like the K-5II has a slightly different AF module, the option to go without an AA filter, an improved rear LCD, and that's it, unless I'm missing something or the specs provided so far are either incorrect or incomplete. It's a little underwhelming if you already have a K-5.
09-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by virgilr Quote
I just feel that, if one has invested in a studio lighting setup and is considering a camera based on it's image quality alone, that one would not be prone to look into an APS-C sensor camera....
Benjamin Kanarek?
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Womble- I'm talking about wooing existing photographers into the Pentax space, as it were. I dig Benjamin's work- I think he's a brave soul who has a unique eye and talent, and I'm a firm believer in the gear not making the photograph but the combination of talent, vision and expertise of the artist behind the gear. I'm just thinking that playing follow the leader and not doing something unique in the space that Pentax is competing in (which they were doing in the early days of the K DSLR lineup) is a bit disappointing.

Removing (or disabling) the AA filter is not a unique move. Yes, it may be attractive to a certain group of photographers, but will it woo someone who's invested in another system or looking to maximize the potential of their talent and their equipment investment?

Anyways, time will tell- but announcements such as those that Sony has made with it's next generation of cameras make the Pentax announcements pale in comparison...