Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yes, yes - I understand very well your arguments and I can't find fault in your reasoning. Probably it's strange for someone to like the honest Pentax and Leica-loving Ned, but that's me.
Besides, Pentax had no equivalent product for that Leica (am I wrong?) - so it wasn't anything like "that product is better than ours" - which would be bad.
It's a complex dynamic. If someone "likes" something, there has to be an emotional attachment to it. If a person shows affection or chooses it above others, then it's obvious the person has made a judgment and preference for that affection.

When human #1 chooses human #3, while still in a relationship with human #2, bad things happen to human #1.

Jealously.
Breakup.
Divorce.
Pe**-shortening.

Ned, as CEO of Pentax USA, should have realized how holding Leica, close to his lips, looking through her eyes, touching and feeling her, would not go well with Pentax.

Then blog about it?

Roll the credits!

09-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You mean, your life should be dictated by the company you're working for?
Yes. When you are at a senior executive level that is precisely what happens and should happen. Your private life is your own, we would never have known that the President of Pentax USA loved Leica cameras if he had not publicly blogged about it. But what you do in public, when you are a senior executive, is definitely fair game and part of your obligations to the company.
09-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
In fact, all I have seen is that the company he works for has been making great products for the last few years, and he has failed to get the word out about them. That's it. I literally cannot think of anything positive to say about the current status of Pentax in America, which means i can't think of anything positive about his tenure. If anybody can think of anything, I'd love to hear it.
While he may not have been very effective at leading the company's marketing efforts, one thing I liked about him was his personal communication on his blog. It was transparent, maybe too much at times, and he effectively communicated with customers on a personal level. I'm pretty sure the new guy won't have a blog about using new Pentax products where you can directly ask him questions.

Don't tell me I can reach the same level of communication with the company on their recently improved Facebook page, because leaving a comment for an intern at an ad agency maintaining the page is not the same as posting a public comment on the president's personal blog.
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Sorry, but that's an exaggeration. Ned seems to genuinely likes lots of Pentax products, and one Leica.

09-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Sorry, but that's an exaggeration. Ned seems to genuinely likes lots of Pentax products, and one Leica.
One liked publicly is one too many. Doesn't matter if you think its not fair, ought not be that way, etc. - it is the way it is. No major corporation is going to tolerate their senior executives praising competitors products and showing off their use of that product, nor should they.
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Yeah, but I'm not a corporation
09-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Yeah, but I'm not a corporation
But I am.

09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #68
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
After he saw the new releases he just said to hell with it and quit.....lol
Hysterical
09-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Ned posted about this on dpreview:
Re: Wow, I'm that old?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
09-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep. There is always a simple explanation.
09-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Yep. There is always a simple explanation
'Course I'm left wondering why he posted on that other forum and not here.
09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
'Course I'm left wondering why he posted on that other forum and not here.
I'm not sure he knows we exist.
09-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I'm not sure he knows we exist.
lol he never googled "Pentax" to stumble upon this forum.
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol he never googled "Pentax" to stumble upon this forum.
Pentax USA has a Hate-hate relationship with us here - I believe that it's because we actually know more about their product line then they do and they are embarrassed every time they come here.
09-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Pentax USA has a Hate-hate relationship with us here - I believe that it's because we actually know more about their product line then they do and they are embarrassed every time they come here.
Agree 100%.