Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PENTAX MX-1 HIGH-END DIGITAL COMPACT WINS PRESTIGIOUS 2013 DESIGN AWARD MX-1 Receives

News update from the official Pentax website:

Denver, CO — PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is pleased to announce that its MX-1 high-end digital compact has been awarded the esteemed red dot Product Design 2013 award.

Sponsored by the Nordrhein Westfalen Design Center in Germany, the red dot design awards are one of the world’s most prestigious design honors. Marking the largest number of entries to date, the 2013 red dot design c...

Pentax news announcement: http://www.pentaximaging.com/about/press/300

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #2

This further encourages me to buy this for my wife (and myself obviously). I love seeing Pentax win awards. I hope they continue to impress and build momentum. Great job on the MX-1, Pentax, and thanks for posting this, Adam!
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Funny that no reference is made to the previous Pentax awarded the Red Dot -- the controversial K-01, last year, if I'm not mistaken?
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

O wow mist this thread. But great for Pentax.

03-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I thought these awards were given out during the summer? I see no mention of the MX-1 (or any 2013 product for that matter) on red dot's web site. It's a nice award, but I think they give it out to way too many products each year. 2 Nikons also won alongside the K-01, for instance.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
News update from the official Pentax website:

Denver, CO — PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is pleased to announce that its MX-1 high-end digital compact has been awarded the esteemed red dot Product Design 2013 award.

...the red dot design awards are one of the world’s most prestigious design honors. Marking the largest number of entries to date, the 2013 red dot design c...

Pentax news announcement: PENTAX - PENTAX MX-1 HIGH-END DIGITAL COMPACT WINS PRESTIGIOUS 2013 DESIGN AWARD
Somebody might want to tell John Carlson that patina (oxidization, i.e., corrosion) is not the same as brassing (paint abrasion to reveal brass beneath).

Also:
(from red dot online)
Entries: 4,662
“red dot” awards granted: 1,065

So: nearly one in four of the entries won the "prestigious design honours".
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Also:
(from red dot online)
Entries: 4,662
“red dot” awards granted: 1,065

So: nearly one in four of the entries won the "prestigious design honours".
Yes, but the highest honors, "Best of the Best", were given to 58 entries divided among three categories.