Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,783
Adobe announces Camera Raw update with K20D/K200D support

Camera Raw 4.4 update

March 14, 2008
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe Photoshop CS3; Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0; and Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 and 4.0 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.

03-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 42
Thank you for posting this!
03-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Geelong
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 138
It has now been pulled from the website and a warning posted not to use it unless you must have the additional camera support.
Lightroom update also pulled.
See Adobe website for more info. Nothing life threatening, but some issues that make it troublesome.
03-17-2008, 04:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,309
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Camera Raw 4.4 update

March 14, 2008
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe Photoshop CS3; Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0; and Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 and 4.0 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.
It is back up now.

Ben

03-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,783
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pw-pix Quote
It has now been pulled from the website and a warning posted not to use it unless you must have the additional camera support.
Lightroom update also pulled.
See Adobe website for more info. Nothing life threatening, but some issues that make it troublesome.
I don't understand - it's still there, hasn't been pulled.
It works like a charm for me (K10D and *istD), no issues at all.
Adobe Bridge still crashes from time to time, I don't suspect that's related to ACR, though.
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member
volosong's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 660
This is an "old" thread, but is showing up on the Pentax Forums title page. From what I understand, the issue is that ACR4.4 corrupts K20D PEF files. Has this been fixed? I too did not see any warning message or saw that it was pulled. One would think that a bug fix would have a different version number, at least 4.4a or 4.4.1. Is it "safe" to now use the current download with the K20D PEF files? If you have the new version of 4.4, what is the byte size? Maybe I can tell from that.
04-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member
deejjjaaaa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: steel city / rust belt
Posts: 2,046
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
This is an "old" thread, but is showing up on the Pentax Forums title page. From what I understand, the issue is that ACR4.4 corrupts K20D PEF files. Has this been fixed? I too did not see any warning message or saw that it was pulled. One would think that a bug fix would have a different version number, at least 4.4a or 4.4.1. Is it "safe" to now use the current download with the K20D PEF files? If you have the new version of 4.4, what is the byte size? Maybe I can tell from that.
they posted

QuoteQuote:
  • EXIF Time Stamp Error: There is an error in the EXIF time stamp update technology that causes Lightroom to believe that the files are out of sync with the correct time stamp as displayed in Lightroom. Any ensuing metadata update will attempt to incorrectly modify the EXIF time stamp in the original raw file itself. This is the only metadata field that Lightroom will write to an original proprietary raw file. This error will not impact the integrity of your image data. The Camera Raw plug-in also will incorrectly change the EXIF time stamp in files converted by the plug-in. The information written to the XMP sidecar files or XMP metadata in the converted files will remain correct.
  • DNG Conversion Error(Windows Only): With the latest version of the Lightroom 1.4 and Camera Raw 4.4 applications, Adobe has included technology to verify that the image data in a DNG file is unchanged from when it was originally converted to DNG. Unfortunately, when converting to DNG using Lightroom 1.4 on Windows, the application will write an incorrect verification tag to describe the image data. When Lightroom attempts to work with those files in the Develop module, the application reads that incorrect tag, believes that there is something wrong with the raw data and will present an error. Rest assured, there is nothing wrong with the integrity of your image data or metadata. For those that have already converted their files to DNG using Lightroom 1.4(Windows only) we recommend using the DNG 4.3.1 converter to convert the DNG files you’ve created with Lightroom 1.4.
  • Olympus Conversion Error: There is an error in converting Olympus JPEG files to other formats in Lightroom 1.4 and the Camera Raw 4.4 plug-in.
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member
volosong's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antelope Valley, SoCal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 660
Thanks for the info. I must be dense...in fact, I know that I am at times. Could you please clarify for me? I don't use Lightroom, but CS3 (and CS2 on an older machine). Does this mean that there are no "issues" with ACR 4.4 under Photoshop? Can I safely convert my PEF files to DNG files? Thanks for helping.

04-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 184
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Thanks for the info. I must be dense...in fact, I know that I am at times. Could you please clarify for me? I don't use Lightroom, but CS3 (and CS2 on an older machine). Does this mean that there are no "issues" with ACR 4.4 under Photoshop? Can I safely convert my PEF files to DNG files? Thanks for helping.
Not sure about the PEF->DNG but the only issue with ACR in CS3 is the timestamp of the jpeg gets set to 00:00 in the exif data.

Not a big issue for most users.

bazz.
04-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 61
The Adobe Camera Raw update v4.4.1 and Lightroom update v1.4.1 are now available for download and address the problems with ACR update v4.4 and Lightroom v1.4 that were pulled back.
04-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 726
Does anybody know if I need to do the ACR update since I'm just using K100D?

Thank,s
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 267
QuoteOriginally posted by agchang Quote
The Adobe Camera Raw update v4.4.1 and Lightroom update v1.4.1 are now available for download and address the problems with ACR update v4.4 and Lightroom v1.4 that were pulled back.
Many have experienced troubles with the download page. It simply will not load.
Here is an alternative link for the windows version ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/win/1.x/ You should probably be able to find the Mac version if you navigate from there.

MaritimTim
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adobe, camera, elements, photoshop, plug-in
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aperture RAW update Breaks Pentax K-7 DNG support as4ronin Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 7 03-06-2010 03:06 AM
K20D/K200D RAW Support in Lightzone 3.6 MrApollinax Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 0 09-02-2008 06:02 AM
Adobe Camera Raw 4.4.1 now available volosong Pentax News and Rumors 5 04-18-2008 08:21 AM
Adobe camera raw 4.4 K20D support Torphoto Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 03-13-2008 10:59 PM
Adobe camera raw update for K10 is here! hattitudes Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 02-19-2007 07:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top