Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh Hosts Competition Inviting Citizens to Become Photojournalists Using RICOH THET

News update from the official Pentax website:

DENVER, CO, March 27, 2014 – Ricoh Company, Ltd. and Ricoh Imaging Company Ltd. are pleased to announce the launch of Spherical Report 360 , an advertisement feature on the CNN website. SR360 is a fun and interactive contest which equips citizens with a free RICOH THETA spherical camera and presents them with the unique opportunity to become a photojournalist by reporting on local news and even...

Details:

Ricoh Imaging "Spherical Report" Competition - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Pentaxian

360 degree news coverage, eh?
03-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Logging to the wesite (at CNN) brings an error...
03-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Logging to the wesite (at CNN) brings an error...
It's live now. Details here:
Ricoh Imaging "Spherical Report" Competition - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

It's only for US residents, unfortunately

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-31-2014, 06:09 AM   #5

Could this be an attempt at -- GASP -- marketing? I sure hope so!
04-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #6

I received a notification from UPS that I would be receiving a package from Ricoh tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from Ricoh but assume it means I am one of the 360 winners of the Theta 360. Thanks to Adam for posting the link. I'm looking forward to the photo challenge, it should be a lot of fun.
04-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kristoff the great Quote
I received a notification from UPS that I would be receiving a package from Ricoh tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from Ricoh but assume it means I am one of the 360 winners of the Theta 360. Thanks to Adam for posting the link. I'm looking forward to the photo challenge, it should be a lot of fun.
Looks like I won a Theta too, although UPS didn't send me an email and they left an InfoNotice. Oh well, I'll get it tomorrow. I'm excited!
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM - 2 Likes   #8

WON ONE !!

(Got an email this morning from UPS that a package from Ricoh Imaging Americas Corp. is due to arrive tomorrow. Thought: "Huh? I didn't order anything... OH, wait - D'OH!")

Called RIAC to confirm, and bingo !

Let the Spherical Imaging games begin !!

Stay tuned, kids......

:>)

05-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Count me in for members who received a free Theta.

---------- Post added 05-03-14 at 03:44 AM ----------

initial report... it works good out in sunlight, struggles in low lighting situations like a mellow lit living room

it's quite fun to try and nail down though and took a bit for my iphone to recognize it