Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PENTAX Q-S1 Digital Camera: Providing endless artistic expression in a fashionable co

News update from the official Pentax website:

Denver, Colorado August 4, 2014 RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION is proud to introduce the new PENTAX Q-S1, one of the world’s smallest and lightest digital cameras with interchangeable lenses. With a new refined look, Smart Affect mode for creative photo enhancing, and color variations from today’s hottest fashion trends, the Q-S1 is an ideal everyday camera for the style-minded looking for ...

Pentax news announcement: http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/about/press/337

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I owned a Q and gave it away. Enough of these small pocket cameras already. Pentax needs to stop playing catch up with Canon, Nikon, and Sony, and invest product funds into longer range lenses, and a full frame camera. I shot the K-3 this weekend at the Missouri State Fair and I am here to tell you the shutter speed is fast, much faster than my Nikon D7100. Okay so what do I want for this rig? I want a lens comparable to Canon's 100-400mm or Nikons 80-400mm in an f/4-f/5.6 range and I could even live with the same pricing as these two. Although the Canon is cheaper than Nikon. In my opinion Pentax could challenge these two giants if they had a more aggressive Product Development and Marketing Teams. I learned on the Pentax K-10. I have owned the K-10, K-20, and K-7. Sold them all and switched to Nikon because of full frame and greater lens selection for wildlife. I recently added to my gear the K-5iis and K-3. The K-3 basically for its fast shutter speed and 24 mega-pixel sensor. Just my thoughts.