Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photokina Predictions: Is the Pentax Full-Frame Coming?

Photokina 2014 predictions: no full-frame, but plenty of new consumer products and perhaps a few lens additions.

Read more on the PF homepage...

09-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now for thousands of PentaxIsDooomed™ comments.
09-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!!

Just kidding, we all know PentaxIsDoomed (TM). I wonder if they'll be handing out hociR temporary tattoos at Photokina to emulate the K-3 tramp stamp?
09-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

We need some Vegas bookies to start making odds on all this stuff.

I will bet Normhead 3 Popsicles to 1 that we get a full frame

09-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

FF is too big of a deal for Ricoh/Pentax at this point. If they are announcing it, they should just host their own event for it instead; so, no photokina!
09-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Photokina 2014 predictions: no full-frame, but plenty of new consumer products and perhaps a few lens additions.

Read more on the PF homepage...
You wrote: "Don't worry— the full frame question has been asked and answered many times already, so more pertinent topics will instead be the focus of our discussion."

I realize that it's been asked at almost every interview, but I'd argue it's even more pertinent now than ever given their recent responses. Please don't drop this just because it's passé. You said it yourself that a significant contingent of the enthusiast community is more interested in FF than most any other offering - keep beating the horse for that contingent.

As for my Photokina expectations, I don't expect anything more than what we've seen plus maybe the consumer tele-zoom. They don't have a habit of surprising us.
09-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead

M

09-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Who's to know. Maybe they'll have the 35mm DSLR in a glass cabinet like they did with the 645z, and then release it some time next year.
09-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I read all of the negative comments about how Pentax hasn't yet released a 35mm DSLR .......... and now I get it ! I finally get it ! I have finally clicked in my brain - the cogs that is - and I see it perfectly clear ....... as clear as day !

Pentax, Fujifilm, Mamiya, Olympus, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Polaroid, Ricoh, Lytro and Samsung do not have a 35mm DSLR or Mirrorless. They are all silly silly companies and worthy of ridicule, scorn and hatred ......... THEY'RE ALL DOOMED I TELL YA, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED ! ..............

Yes I'm being sarcastic !
09-13-2014, 03:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see, if they are working on a full frame camera, why they don't at least announce that fact. They wouldn't have to give any specs. Just say: "Yes, we are working on it and hope to have a release date by ----." Maybe they would steal some of the thunder from the day that they actually would announce it, but I don't really see the down side. Obviously Nikon, Canon and Sony are pretty well set with their current lineups. I don't see them jumping to change something just because Pentax is releasing a competing camera.
09-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't see them jumping to change something just because Pentax is releasing a competing camera.
I see things in a different way.

Working with my theory of the behind-the-scenes collegiality of Japanese camera companies, I think both Canon, Nikon and Sony have only scheduled the release of some fairly low-key DSLRs (the third Nikon FF released this year, the release of yet another Canon APS-C, etc) and other gear at Photokina 2014 to allow Pentax to step up to the stage this time and get a respectable share of the media buzz as it enters the full-frame club.

Anyway, I hope that's true.
09-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They've already released their version of digital full frame camera.
09-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
They've already released their version of digital full frame camera.
you mean 645Z?
09-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Medium format is not an acceptable replacement for full frame
09-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Forum Member

It's over, folks, nobody waits for the second or third day to announce a new product - this would really pi** o** any of the first day's fair visitors. There is and there will be no full-frame this year. The market share of FF is falling in Japan at least, it used to be around 11.something per cent about three years ago and was 8.7 per cent last year. By the way, none of the Sony cameras made it into the top 20 there...