Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh WG Watch Announced

Ricoh announces the WG Watch, the latest addition to its WG outdoor lineup.

Read more on the PF homepage...

09-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
what the... wasn't expecting that
09-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

If it communicates with the Flu card, I'll get it. I'll be so cool.
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
JPT
Pentaxian

I thought this was a joke at first, but thinking about it, it makes sense. Ricoh makes dozens of watches, mostly under $200 equivalent, but as far as I remember they don't have any models like Casio's G-Shock. It looks like they're taking what was the Pentax WG branding and extending it into Go-Pro and G-Shock territory.

I don't have a lot of interest in watches, but I was dragged along to help my mother-in-law choose a new watch. I was surprised how many watches were available from Ricoh Elmex. The men's ones are branded as Ricoh and the women's ones have some other branding without Ricoh on the face. They were pretty competitive with Seiko and Citizen's cheaper models on price. She chose another brand because it was made in Japan, by the way, but one of the Ricohs was in consideration for a while.

---------- Post added 09-11-14 at 09:26 AM ----------

Come to think of it, it could be nothing more than a limited edition promotional model to tie in with the camera. They've done that before.

09-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I don't have a lot of interest in watches, but I was dragged along to help my mother-in-law choose a new watch. I was surprised how many watches were available from Ricoh Elmex. The men's ones are branded as Ricoh and the women's ones have some other branding without Ricoh on the face. They were pretty competitive with Seiko and Citizen's cheaper models on price. She chose another brand because it was made in Japan, by the way, but one of the Ricohs was in consideration for a while.
I just recently looked at Ricohs watches as well.
In particular, I wanted to go for this one:
????.com - ??? RICOH ELEMEX 697006-93 [?????????????]??????

Ended up with Citizen instead, because I like their design a bit more:
????.com - ???? VO10-5992F [?????? ???]??????

The Ricoh was nice though. And is made in Japan, by the way!
09-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian

WG Watch / ??????? / ?? | RICOH IMAGING
I really thought they had made this news up to parody the apple watch. Battery life will be 30 times better than apple's 'less than a day'. Still, i prefer not to have to recharge my watch...
We also now find out WG means 'the Wild Gear.'

Last edited by calsan; 09-10-2014 at 09:45 PM.