Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 05:44 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
In 20 years, I'll very likely be dead so that won't be an issue for me.

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2014 at 22:22 ----------

What? The type of pastie that strippers wear?

After carrying the K-5 in my hand (with a safety wrist strap not a neck strap) every day for close on 7 weeks on a recent holiday, I'm not sure the small handgrip is an advantage. That camera became hard to hold after a while and I took to carrying by the lens.
Hehe... Bloody auto correct... although I could eat one of those too.

09-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Sounded more like a Chilean sea bass.
You mean Patagonian toothfish?
09-16-2014, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not going to take the time - but it sure would be interesting to line up all the Ricoh releases September 1, 2013 - September 1, 2014 and compare them to the other makers. My guess is there would be more enthusiast gear on the Pentax list than many (most?) of the other brands.
09-16-2014, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
But Adam, none of these 10 advantages apply to me, so therefore Pentax is doomed and I will continue making disparaging remarks about any new Pentax products for the rest of time!.
Which means you are doomed.

09-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #50
Pentaxian

"Pentax is doomed " at least in my vocabulary is a phrase used to quiet those going on and on about Pentax's deficiencies. It describes the mindset of a large population of the forum. It's a one upmanship kind of ting. Yes you know Pentax isn't a leader in AF, but I know "Pentax is doomed." It says "See I'm even doomier and gloomier than you are, you can end your diatribe now because I'm way ahead of you buddy". As such, it will continue to be a useful phrase around the forum.
09-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You mean Patagonian toothfish?
Yes, but I'm using the hipster name.
09-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Yes, but I'm using the hipster name.
Dinner?

09-16-2014, 06:34 AM - 2 Likes   #53
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Relax!

Squirrels favor Pentax 10 to 1 over anything else, and as long as there are squirrels there will be a Pentax to shoot them. Any other thought would be nuts...and squirrels do know nuts, they see them here all the time!

Regards!
09-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Dinner?
Hipsters for dinner? Could be good. They're hairy and ironic on the outside but soft and tender on the inside.
09-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #55
Pentaxian

I see some of the gear and new bodies the other guys have and I admit to being a bit jealous at times and then reality sets in. I can't afford any of that stuff.

I can still use all the K mount and M42 lenses I have accumulated over years. I have arthritis in my neck and spine and while I'm still very active outdoors, I have to be very mindful of the weight I'm carrying. Pentax is doing it better than the others with smaller and lighter bodies and especially the small lightweight Limited lenses of which I own a couple.

If Ricoh is turning a profit with the camera business, then they are doing better than all the others. As I browse websites, the ad trackers are constantly displaying ad windows on my screen. I normally ignore this stuff but one ad in particular has caught my eye lately. It's from Amazon.com and it's a "Super Sale" on the Nikon D40 for $459. Are they kidding? That camera is as old as the K10D and they still have unsold stock? No, Pentax isn't doomed. To be honest, the huge losses that Sony and Nikon have suffered should be more of a concern. Pentax inventory usually sells out soon after a product is discontinued and we often have to wait for popular lenses. A few years ago, I waited in agony for 2 months after receiving my tax refund for a back ordered DA 15 Limited to return to stock. I'm not worried.
09-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #56
Veteran Member

The low light autofocus is a plus for Pentax? The entire AF, be it low light or not, isn't a leader of anything.

Other points are good though. Small form factor, weather sealing and IQ are definitely a plus.
09-16-2014, 07:27 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Relax!

Squirrels favor Pentax 10 to 1 over anything else, and as long as there are squirrels there will be a Pentax to shoot them. Any other thought would be nuts...and squirrels do know nuts, they see them here all the time!

Regards!
This what squirrels do to the other guys.

What kind of camera is this?

I saw this on reddit the other day. This has to be Otis!
09-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Haha that squirrel shot is awesome!
09-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #59
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

There's not much a squirrel loves more than a Pentax snapping away at them......corn may be a close second?

Regards!
09-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #60
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
"The sky is blue " is debatable. "The earth is round" is debatable. For any statement, some one can debate it, and with sometimes quite convincing erroneous arguments.
You too.