Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The best IQ - No. A lot cameras have not worse IQ. And even better.
The best primes - No. A lot of brands have better primes.
The best zooms - No. A lot of brands have better zooms.
The best small lenses - No. There are other brands small lenses.
The best low light AF - No. A lot of cameras are faster and better in terms of AF.
The best discussion forum - No. A lot of bias and intolerance.
The best set of functions - No. Rather mediocre in features.
The best advanced compact cameras - No.

What is Ricoh? Small player which trying to survive. Maybe.
Then what is the reason you stay with Pentax brand ? Don't tell me pentax is the brand you love the most, so you can't marry with other brands ?
I sense there will be another wheatlow.blogspot.com, run by you, criticizing Pentax Ricoh to no end.

09-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #77
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
There is none in K-mount. I have a DA* 16-50 2.8 which to me is a stack of primes and costs about AUD $1100.

I know what you are getting at, Canon does a 15mm L 2.8 which is weather sealed for AUD $2800. But the front ellement is bulbuous and does not accept filters, plus the lens hood is tiny so snow flakes or rain will hit the front element. The Canon 24mm L ii is weather sealed can take filters, has a faily short lens hood, so it might work in rain and snow, but it costs AUD $2000. ..:
And so on. Even if Pentax had all the traditional, popular focal length prime lenses ready in WR, and all of them be fast, there would be another complain raised:
— why they cost such and such?
— why is there green ring on them instead of yellow?
— why isn't a hood 1mm shorter?
or whatever else.

One thing is to complain about a possible real issue (say, "Pentax has no prime lenses at all — why?"). But to complain for complain's sake, is silly.
09-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #78
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
Then what is the reason you stay with Pentax brand ? Don't tell me pentax is the brand you love the most, so you can't marry with other brands ?
I sense there will be another wheatlow.blogspot.com, run by you, criticizing Pentax Ricoh to no end.
I don't love brand, but I have more Pentax gear than you. And I live in free society and can say what I consider necessary.
09-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #79

I don't love brand, but I have more Pentax gear than you. And I live in free society and can say what I consider necessary.
Hahaha, sure you have more gear than me. I have just started with Pentax. Maybe in 5 years I will have more, but what is the point comparing what I have and what you have in this discussion ?
DSLR is only a tool, you must know the shortcoming when using Pentax brand. If this brand can't satisfy your needs, why not try other brands. I have Olympus m4/3 just for street photography. Then I bought Pentax for more serious and better image quality. Even though I have Pentax, which is better than Oly, I never said how terrible Oly and saying everywhere they have to provide what my need is.

Lately I have seen the frustrations on yourself. Belittling Ricoh Pentax brand won't solve anything. In fact, there are still people out there purchasing pentax brand for whatever reason they have. And I see new comers everyday in this pentax forums, mean the Pentax Ricoh is growing.

Well whatever.

09-17-2014, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #80
ogl
Banned

I love my wife and kids, to love brand is the problem of psychiatry
09-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just think, ogl, that you tend to be too polarized when it comes to Pentax. When the 20-40 came out, you said it was awesome and then it was horrible. Better to temper your feelings a little bit. Building up your expectations too much just gets your frustrated in the long run.

I have been shooting with Pentax for 12 years and the camera company has not changed a whole lot over that time. They still are slow to release new lenses and camera bodies and release a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me at all. But I like my gear and my cameras don't shoot the worse for not having a new weather sealed 12-24 lens (and the DA 15 limited gets me by most of the time). So, I don't worry too much about where they are going. That's their deal and if they go away someday, then I'll figure something else out. At the least, I can mount my lenses on an FE mount camera...
09-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #82
ogl
Banned

It has potential, I saw it, but I can't use zoom with AF problems at different focal length.
Service can't solve my problem. Strange? No, it's reality. 20-40 has the same problems as 16-50 has.

Horrible QC for such price.

I also think that Pentax's development of lenses is in deep crisis.

09-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #83
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I really have too much Pentax (and Pentax mount) gear that I am happy with for Pentax to be doomed TBH. I do wish Pentax would have released something like the Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 and WR. I think that could have been a game changer. Same with some of my other 3rd party lenses. If Pentax would have made something like my 8-16, 70-200 f/2.8, and 150-500 all WR then that would have been awesome. They didn't, which is too bad. Of course on some of those lenses sicne they are APSC only we would have heard people screaming about Pentax being doomed, but still, look at it from their POV, would you rather sell 20 crop cameras or one FF camera? Which one contributes more to the bottom line? Between the new KS-1 and the yet to be released FF which one will make more money for them? Wouldn't you rather them make more and be able to release something better, or would you rush something out to satisfy a few users now, which may not bring in the money to keep more R&D going? Think about it.
09-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #84
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And I live in free society and can say what I consider necessary.
So start a blog of your own and bash Pentax all you want. Keep in mind that free society or not, a forum is private property. You don't have the right to post here. We have all been granted permission to post here by the owner of this property. That permission can be abrogated at any time.
09-18-2014, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

I love my wife and kids, to love brand is the problem of psychiatry
Why you waste all that money on all that useless Pentax gear if you don't like it or love it!?
If I were you, rather than spend money on stuff I think is useless and bad, I would spend them on those I love... like wife and kids as you are mentioning.

Or you just argue for the love of argument because you have nothing better to do!?