Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 04:24 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just remember you'll lose half your pixels with that function. :-)
Mind you, they could implement a super image stabilisation mode with it...

02-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Mind you, they could implement a super image stabilisation mode with it...
Fine if you are taking pictures of a static subject in a studio.
02-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #48

One foot in both worlds...

I am one of those who not only uses Pentax gear but also uses the Fuji X line of cameras as well. I was very happy to hear that, after years of saying "No way", Pentax will produce a FF camera. I use my Pentax Lenses (31, 43, 77) on my Fuji cameras and love the results.. yes, the magic is still there. Now, I look forward to seeing what Pentax will produce in a FF camera. It's exciting to speculate but I will wait and see. I use my K5 IIs and the Fuji X when one suits the task better than the other. I use both for Night Landscapes and Astro work. Exciting times for Pentax owners!

Looking forward to more news, specs and most importantly.... full size sample photos using various lenses.
02-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #49

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just remember you'll lose half your pixels with that function. :-)
yeah ..its like other competitor with FX and DX lens .. if you put cropped lens then you will get cropped sensor.

02-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #50
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Radcliffe Quote
I am one of those who not only uses Pentax gear but also uses the Fuji X line of cameras as well. I was very happy to hear that, after years of saying "No way", Pentax will produce a FF camera. I use my Pentax Lenses (31, 43, 77) on my Fuji cameras and love the results.. yes, the magic is still there. Now, I look forward to seeing what Pentax will produce in a FF camera. It's exciting to speculate but I will wait and see. I use my K5 IIs and the Fuji X when one suits the task better than the other. I use both for Night Landscapes and Astro work. Exciting times for Pentax owners!

Looking forward to more news, specs and most importantly.... full size sample photos using various lenses.
I'm in the same boat as yours, Jim ! ... K5 and a Fuji-X which also works great with two of the three amigos!
On the other hand, I will likely not go for the FF : I like the "reach" of the APS-C format for birding.
But I will certainly ne watching very closely what this Pentax FF will be like and performs.

JP
02-07-2015, 01:24 AM   #51
Site Supporter

First of all thank you for developing a FF camera. Mainly I would like to see:
Powerful processor
Stacks of AF points
Strong and fast AF system with solid tracking AF-C
Sensitive in low light. all cross type, several f2.8 or faster, with centre f8 to accommodate long f5.6 lenses and 1.4x adapters (some such thing like that)
Large buffer, and fast buffer clear time
Selections of AF groupings and single
button near thumb or top lcd to press, then back wheel to change AF points or groupings, visible to user in the view finder (faster this way and easier)
for me no wifi or gps needed (but many want this)
Dual SDXC cards
X-sync 1/250th and x-sync plug for studio sync cable
1/8000th
tethering to computer (Win, Mac, Linux supported, come on please be the first to have software supported to Linux, that would set you apart from the others in the best way)
In camera focus stacking for macro (maybe that would be better on a different model?)
Layout and other features similar to K-5/3 or improved
Green button
IPS type LCD screen (high quality), I like the articulated type
Include 16:9 aspect ratio
Metal body, weather sealed of course
That is all i can think of at the moment, thank you.
02-07-2015, 01:34 AM   #52
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
First of all thank you for developing a FF camera. Mainly I would like to see:
Powerful processor
Stacks of AF points
Strong and fast AF system with solid tracking AF-C
Sensitive in low light. all cross type, several f2.8 or faster, with centre f8 to accommodate long f5.6 lenses and 1.4x adapters (some such thing like that)
Large buffer, and fast buffer clear time
Selections of AF groupings and single
button near thumb or top lcd to press, then back wheel to change AF points or groupings, visible to user in the view finder (faster this way and easier)
for me no wifi or gps needed (but many want this)
Dual SDXC cards
X-sync 1/250th and x-sync plug for studio sync cable
1/8000th
tethering to computer (Win, Mac, Linux supported, come on please be the first to have software supported to Linux, that would set you apart from the others in the best way)
In camera focus stacking for macro (maybe that would be better on a different model?)
Layout and other features similar to K-5/3 or improved
Green button
IPS type LCD screen (high quality), I like the articulated type
Include 16:9 aspect ratio
Metal body, weather sealed of course
That is all i can think of at the moment, thank you.
In my opinion, they will try to get most of the pro-features. Cause its no point at aiming for the pro's if you are allready behind the other brands at release. They need to be ahead. So im confident that this will be a killer camera
02-07-2015, 01:37 AM   #53
Site Supporter

Thanks kenspo, I'm sure it will be too, can't wait

02-07-2015, 01:42 AM   #54
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Thanks kenspo, I'm sure it will be too, can't wait
I really hate to wait..Have no patience at all But no doubt, that its good times ahead!
02-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ewig Quote
yeah ..its like other competitor with FX and DX lens .. if you put cropped lens then you will get cropped sensor.
But - what counts as a cropped lens? Certainly not the prefix "DA"! Each lens has to be taken on its own merits, and can differ at each focal length. (For example, the DA 12-24mm vignettes badly on FF at short focal lengths, while working reasonably well on FF into the corners at long focal lengths).

I hope there is user-control, perhaps as an override to factory defaults. (Perhaps similar to the way AF adjustments have defaults then lens by lens overrides).
02-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #56
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
But no doubt, that its good times ahead!
IMHO this is the most important message.

After years - a couple decades, really - of cynicism, disappointment and outright anger among its loyal user base, Ricoh's most important job is to restore their trust and optimism - we're Pentax's most important 'ambassadors' - while simultaneously building Pentax's NEW brand character in the general photographic community.

We'll wait some more if we're convinced Ricoh is serious about executing its Plan.
02-08-2015, 03:29 AM   #57
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IMHO this is the most important message.

After years - a couple decades, really - of cynicism, disappointment and outright anger among its loyal user base, Ricoh's most important job is to restore their trust and optimism - we're Pentax's most important 'ambassadors' - while simultaneously building Pentax's NEW brand character in the general photographic community.

We'll wait some more if we're convinced Ricoh is serious about executing its Plan.
It shure is! Before, when i was shooting with Nikon, didnt pay that much attention on Pentax, beside i knew they had good glass. And i knew a couple of enthusiasts with Pentax..That was about that. But when Ricoh contacted me and presented me the K-3, i was a bit wow..Didnt see that one come..bla bla bla..and i accepted a contract and jumped ships. One of the reasons for me beeing active on social medias and forums, was not only to be visible as an ambassador, but also beceause i wanted to learn more about Pentax..But damn, it was like open a can of worms with negativity after talking to pentaxians and reading the history back in time, i can sort of understand it. But with the takeover from Ricoh and the K-3, marks a new time, a new road..People needs to understand that..and THAT, i feel is one of my tasks as an ambassador to help people understand. Things are not done overnight. I know that, Ricoh knows that..But we are all in for the long run And again, there is good times ahead!
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #58
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
@kenspo - Personally, I'm glad you're here on the forum stirring up some action for us! I think some of us are used to very formal communications and methodologies. Coming into the forum and speaking to us like you are one of us is a great way to make us feel appreciated. As photographers and brand enthusiasts we are all Pentax. I think your challenge is to make sure that the truly secret information stays secret while you maintain open dialog in a fun and spontaneous way about what you can share.

Additionally, if you are posting here I can't imagine that Ricoh doesn't know. Going further, they are almost unofficially recognizing this forum! I'm good with that and all the disclaimer words.
02-08-2015, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

YES! Thank you Ricoh.

The K-mount finally comes home.
02-08-2015, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #60
Site Supporter

I would like to see some potential pricing of this coming camera.