Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
For Sale: One liver, 40-something male. Lightly used*. Send PM. Will trade for full-frame.
*Except for that one time in Vegas
You might want to offer a kidney instead - more survivable.

02-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #32
Forum Member

If it is compatible with the original K-mount (no contacts) I'll be very happy and sell a child if necessary. Nikon went the extra yard and included the old external AI pin in their full frames and Pentax should do the same. It's not just old lenses, many 3rd party vendors don't supply a KA mount on their manual focus lenses.
I note the prism hump looks huge, suggesting the camera is relatively small. This hopefully indicates the camera will be around the size of a K3, maintaining the Pentax reputation for compact SLRs.
02-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I don't want one, but hopefully it means an end to off topic whining about full frame...
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #34
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I don't want one, but hopefully it means an end to off topic whining about full frame...
Well on dpreview, home of the nitpicking mirrorless fanatics, there is already dire talk of Pentax waiting too long / market already shifted to mirrorless... so I suspect more of that will bleed over here in the next year or so. You can never get rid of people who are never happy.

I'm not even in the market right now for this body but I am looking forward to it.. though, if I was buying, I'd probably opt to buy a new walkaround 24-70ish lens for it just to have the weathersealing and the new coatings. CA is a nightmare in a lot of the older Pentax lenses and I don't like playing with sliders to repair it (in some cases it can't be repaired unless going B+W). Pentax's newer coating seems to mitigate this a lot.

Last edited by mee; 02-04-2015 at 06:59 PM.
02-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Well on dpreview, home of the nitpicking mirrorless fanatics, there is already dire talk of Pentax waiting too long / market already shifted to mirrorless... so I suspect more of that will bleed over here in the next year or so. You can never get rid of people who are never happy.
Oh, regardless of the specs and price, people will complain about this new camera when it is delivered, and it won't be delivered fast enough. Funny you mention CA because that was the most obvious problem with my old Makinon 28mm lens - although I didn't notice it too much until I started scanning film at 2700 ppi.
02-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #36

I originally didn't think I would want a full frame camera, but after thinking about it for quite a long time (and Pentax has given all of us a long time to think about it) have decided maybe. I like the extended reach of the crop sensor cameras Pentax presently offers, but there are those times when I want that extra measure of perfection my present cameras just doesn't seem to deliver. I am pleased that Pentax has finally made the announcement although Pentax certainly should have made a full frame earlier.
02-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Did anyone see any mention of a flippy rear screen being a feature on the new FF?
I hope it has one.

02-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What am I going to do with my DA lenses?

---------- Post added 02-05-15 at 11:06 AM ----------

To be honest, I tried the Canon FF, I tried the Leica M9 FF, and I missed the Pentax APS-C so much that I bought a K3 last year and sold the Canon FF. I use the FF for the Wide Angle lenses such as 21mm, etc.
02-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Use them in the FF's auto-crop mode?

Or throw the 1.4x teleconverter on them so they'll fill the image circle.
02-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's not how teleconverters work, unfortunately.
02-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Takumars

Finally, I will be able to use my takumars to their full extent.
02-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #42
Pentaxian

---------- Post added 02-05-15 at 11:06 AM ----------

To be honest, I tried the Canon FF, I tried the Leica M9 FF, and I missed the Pentax APS-C so much that I bought a K3 last year and sold the Canon FF. I use the FF for the Wide Angle lenses such as 21mm, etc.
I like the K3--- but with my collection of full frame lenses, I'll be buying the pentax FF. I always believed they would go there which is why I accumulated the series of lenses I have....
02-05-2015, 10:20 PM   #43
Veteran Member

If it doesn't sport 80MP and give me Hydrogen-Alpha Extreme Sensitivity I'm not buying it. FF is so 2013.
02-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For $2,500, it is a good deal!

I will buy it. I just read that it will be compatible with DA lenses via a CROP Function. Good for Pentax, DPreview has a FF camera model photo of a FF announced by Pentax in 2001. That one never saw the light! Will this one do?
02-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I will buy it. I just read that it will be compatible with DA lenses via a CROP Function. Good for Pentax, DPreview has a FF camera model photo of a FF announced by Pentax in 2001. That one never saw the light! Will this one do?
Just remember you'll lose half your pixels with that function. :-)