Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New version of Pentax Photo Browser and Photo Laboratory

PENTAX recently announced that Photo Browser 3.51 and Photo Laboratory 3.51 are now available, free of charge, to previous owners of the Photo Browser/Laboratory.

05-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I commented on it here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-software/28832-photolab-r...t-updates.html, and as someone pointed out in that thread, it was mentioned elsewhere. It's something that fits into multiple forums here. One thing I forgot to say there, is that even though it says it's for XP/Vista, it also runs under Win2k.
05-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
PENTAX recently announced that Photo Browser 3.51 and Photo Laboratory 3.51 are now available, free of charge, to previous owners of the Photo Browser/Laboratory.
Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps by Version 5.0 they will get the interface into this century :-)

The part that affects me most is when deleting a file in Browser, it doesn't just move all the subsequent images up one spot (as it does in my photo editor, Ember) - it refreshes and sends you to the top of the page. Then you have to scroll down again to find your place.

And, the settings windows have way too much white space.

And you can not clone or dust-spot...

It's clunky, but it works:-)

Edit 1: Oh, a drawback of sorts in 3.51 is that it adds even more exif data. When I save the list of data, I have to delete even more meaningless (to my K100D) columns...
Edit 2: Another problem (?): The "Other settings" window (sensativity, contrast, etc) has another (not-to-be-used by me) adjustment making the window even larger! Now, I can't even tile the 3 main windows I use. They must now overlap. Still the same wasted white space. You do get one more + and - value in the settings, though.

Last edited by SpecialK; 05-30-2008 at 09:49 PM.
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Forum Member

I guess I'll keep using PS elements 6, it doesn't lock up my laptop like the version of photo browser and lab that I got with my k20d

06-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It has been a few months since I checked out the Software Download Page. I see my K100D and K110D are now found in the, "Historical Products" section. I found an update to Photo Browser and Photo Laboratory which I installed. Still missing is Remote Assistant. It was a cruel trick to provide R.A. for istD and K10D but skip K1x0D. The istD R.A. version 1 sometimes works with my cameras, sometimes not.
12-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #6

Does any one knows if it can be installed with previous versions such as 3.10? Or do we need to remove the previous version? "Inquiring minds want to know..."