Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #31

Well, I have put my K3 II in for check-up even if nothing was aperantly wrong with it, but I just wanted to get all the possibilities of something going wrong in the future regarding the assumed K3 II "hickup" out of the way ...

Greets,

Marko

07-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #32

A new K-3II was shipped today from B&H so we will see what serial number I get. They were very good about the return/exchange and adjusted the purchase price since it is now listed cheaper than when I bought the first one. I should get it on Friday.
07-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another one bites the dust

I just got my 3rd K-3II. This one B&H. The number is 62017xx. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow, as this one is below #6206660. I might be mistaken, but I thought B&H posted that they didn't have any in stock that was affected.

Last edited by glee46; 07-23-2015 at 07:16 AM.
07-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #34
Veteran Member

No return here??

My camera is #I have 61890xx which I thought was in the range,but the shop I got it from in Holland says its OK?? maybe they have another set of # from Ricoh
still no problems,over 3000 shots,3 diff batteries, K5 grip ....works fine

07-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #35
Veteran Member

B&H did say their inventory was clean I ordered mine from them on July 16th. I'm not sure when he posted that the inventory was clean. It says 5 days ago. Which would be on the 17th. B&H stated they would replace any K-3II if they are within that number group. so I'm not worried about that. However, I purchased my 1st K-3II back on July 3rd. (1st & 2nd both from Amazon) By the time, I get a good K-3II it will be almost a month. I'm getting to think I should have just waited till Pentax came out with a new model.

Last edited by glee46; 07-21-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Clarification
07-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #36

Photos: Gallery
I received my replacement camera a day early. The serial number 620171, so it is affected by the recall. This is called Customer Service, you have to be kidding me!!!. The vendor can't expend the time to ensure the serial number is not affect before it is shipped, especially when the serial number is printed on the invoice. I'll send it back to B&H; however, before I do I'm going to check with other retailers. If I find a retailer that has a non-recall camera, they will have my business from tomorrow forward. I'm not shipping camera's back and forth until I happen to get one that is not affected. How much does it cost in time, labor, and shipping costs? Who pays for this? I bet the overhead burden ends up with the customer picking up the cost.

Regards,
07-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I'm getting to think I should have just waited till Pentax came out with a new model.
the problem is that they and other camera makers don't seem to refine what camera models they have, to create a truly great camera, instead they follow customer pressure to have the latest greatest newest features out, and the cameras break, when will they learn and educate their customers to be happy with what they have that is good and not need more.

07-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #38
Veteran Member

I really hope that all defective New K3II cameras get factory refurbished and get one at high discount on Blackfriday o boxingday....
07-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I might join you.

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I really hope that all defective New K3II cameras get factory refurbished and get one at high discount on Blackfriday o boxingday....

I might end up joining you. This will be my 4th one this month. I have over $2,700 on K-3II's sitting on my credit card waiting for funds to be charged back to my card. At this point, I'll have to wait until this one gets back to B&H before I can buy another one.
07-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #40

I find this appalling what you guys are going through and I might have to as well. My personal opinion is that Pentax/Ricoh should 'man-up' and replace our camera's. Instead of that, who do they inconvenience? Us. Plus, they screw over the vendor's as well by making them, the Vendor, do the job that the manufacturer should be doing. Oopsy! Its disgusting, its un-American, its not Capitalism. (yes, I know its a Japanese company, could go on about 'Honor' then hmm?)

When I was in business you'd be crucified for treating customers like this and probably go out of business to boot. But what do you expect when everyone listens to lawyers & MBA's who can quote Karl Marx verbatim while scratching their heads when asked about John Adams. There's plenty of blame that goes to customers that put up with this type of behavior but its more fun to yell at corporations! :-p

I'm keeping my K3 II til it dies. I'm loving it... something I couldn't say about the K3 (in retrospect I probably was getting defective K3's). I have real JOY for this camera & they are killing it!

Why I'm still with Pentax is a question my wife keeps throwing in my face. But when it dies. Trash. And never again. Now that Sony, Olympus, and Panasonic are coming out with WR versions of their cameras, I'll pick one of those as my 'understudy' for the day it croaks.
07-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My opinion of Amazon has really dropped today. I returned my fully functional but bad SN K-3II and ordered another which arrived today. It works fine but is also in the suspect range. But the real kicker is that it is one that was returned by a PF member! They did not even reset it. I just want to use this otherwise excellent camera. I will see what Amazon will do to make it right. I am sure they will let me ship it back but as others have said that gets really old.
07-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I just got my 3rd K-3II. This one B&H. The number is 6201712. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow, as this one is below #6206660. I might be mistaken, but I thought B&H posted that they didn't have any in stock that was affected.
When did you order yours? I'm leaving for B&H tomorrow to try to get another one.

The stock in the B&H SuperStore at 34th and 9th and its warehouse in the basement may not be the same as the stock in the warehouse in upstate NY. Online orders usually ship from the latter, but in-store purchases come from the former so I might have a better shot at getting an unaffected unit.

—DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 07-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.
07-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
When did you order yours? I'm leaving for B&H tomorrow to try to get another one.

—DragonLord
I ordered mine on the 16th. I think B&H posted on the 17th, that their inventory was clean of the serial numbers with the issues. I left a message yesterday and haven't heard back from them yet. I'll wait another day and call.
07-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #44

Today, I sent my camera back to B&H and asked for a refund. They couldn't confirm the stock on hand did not have serial numbers affected by the recall. I purchased a K3II from another vendor. B&H lost a customer because of their inability to provide good customer service. Enough said.
07-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medomare Quote
Greets!

My K-3 II so far without the reported issues. Nevertheles, I have checked how different Ricoh-Pentax international sites inform users of the issues presented.

The U.S. site recomends the imediate return of the aforementioned serial numbers, the "European" site only recomends to check the presumably affected serial numbers at the local Pentax service free of charge, as for example the Austrian site (Fehlfunktion bei dem Kameramodell PENTAX K-3 II - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH) suggests to send in the cameras only after or if the issues arise (and implies that the issues arise after a long absence of using the camera). Moreover they even said that they will be fixed free of charge even after the Warranty period...this is not all, they will also throw in a free FLUCARD (if my basic German translation was correct; if not, please correct me).

Well, will use the camera and if the issue comes to light, I will send it in for service (well, in Slovenia where they will hopefully follow the Austrian example of adressing the issue).

Marko
I sent my K3 II to the german rep-partner in Hamburg. They received it last Friday. I got the cam back yesterday after 4 working days - great. They report to have repaired the mainboard and put a new Flu Card into the box to compensate me for my inconvenience and the mailing expenses.