Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Sigma Announces 20mm F1.4 "Art" Lens

Sigma's new 20mm F1.4 "Art" is the world's fastest 20mm full frame lens.

Read more on the PF homepage...

10-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
why put it on the homepage, its not even Pentax supported!!

I forgot, its not a pentax forum anymore, sorry
10-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote

Our homepage coverage also includes industry news that might be of interest to our audience (note the "Photo Industry News" category). We can't just tunnel on what is out for Pentax.

Personally I think there is a good chance that we'll see some of Sigma's more recent art lenses (like this, the 50mm and 24-105mm) in the K mount if demand becomes sufficient once the full-frame is out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I mentioned in the "comments" on the Home Page: Great!! Yet another not-for-Pentax -K-mount lens !

---------- Post added 10-16-15 at 06:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Personally I think there is a good chance that we'll see some of Sigma's more recent art lenses (like this, the 50mm and 24-105mm) in the K mount if demand becomes sufficient once the full-frame is out.
Speculation.

10-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Speculation.
Yes

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well we really do need to embrace diverse outlooks, and include elements of different backgrounds in our Forum. Shouldn't we consider our unconscious prejudice when we obligate a lens to have a K-mount before we will permit it to join our camera - or even to discuss it? Lenses with different mounts have much to contribute to our general activities, and can advance our hobbies and businesses if we will just think critically about our assumptions.

When your view of the world is limited to K-mount lenses not only do you exclude the diversity of viewpoints of the rest of the lenses, you limit your chance to see and appreciate other lens' beauty.

Don't you agree?
10-17-2015, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think there is a good chance that we'll see some of Sigma's more recent art lenses (like this, the 50mm and 24-105mm) in the K mount if demand becomes sufficient once the full-frame is out.
i'll take the Vegas odds on that happening.

10-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #8
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well we really do need to embrace diverse outlooks, and include elements of different backgrounds in our Forum. Shouldn't we consider our unconscious prejudice when we obligate a lens to have a K-mount before we will permit it to join our camera - or even to discuss it? Lenses with different mounts have much to contribute to our general activities, and can advance our hobbies and businesses if we will just think critically about our assumptions.

When your view of the world is limited to K-mount lenses not only do you exclude the diversity of viewpoints of the rest of the lenses, you limit your chance to see and appreciate other lens' beauty.

Don't you agree?
I think this is a good way of aproaching photography, so we can even continue with this forum even when Pentax isn't around anymore.

10-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #9

Shouldn't we consider our unconscious prejudice when we obligate a lens to have a K-mount before we will permit it to join our camera - or even to discuss it?
Well, unless you're prepared to put up with an adaptor, we do require K-mount before we can permit it to join our Pentax cameras.

I can see the purpose of telling us it's been released, even if only to stoke the resentment that Sigma clearly see no economic sense in releasing this for Pentax just now. But no-one has trialled it, and certainly no-one has any idea how it might work with an adapter.

Perhaps we just go on hoping that Pentax are developing their own 'Art' style range to complement the FF. Probably working with Leica. Ahem.
10-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think this is a good way of aproaching photography, so we can even continue with this forum even when Pentax isn't around anymore.

Oh dear. Preemptive de-viewing is now in order.
10-17-2015, 07:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Sometimes I wish it was Sigma who got Jun Hirakawa, and maybe we'll get to have "his" Art lenses instead of Tamron zooms. Not that I think Tamron's new releases are bad, but Sigma's playing very good cards lately.
10-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote

Agree. This is a Pentax centric forum so I expect the information here to be focused on the K-mount ecosystem

Our homepage coverage also includes industry news that might be of interest to our audience (note the "Photo Industry News" category). We can't just tunnel on what is out for Pentax.

Sure you can. Every site from photorumors.com to petapixel.com to dpreview.com have covered this same news. Let them focus on non-Pentax news while you focus on Pentax news. If there isn't any Pentax news then that's OK. Highlight an article written by the PF staff.

When/if the Sigma 20mm lens come out in K-mount then that would be a good time to post something on the front page.

Just my thoughts ...
10-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh dear. Preemptive de-viewing is now in order.
There's no-one quite as zealous as a reformed rake…

…or as melancholy as a disappointed lover.