Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2016, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Get Official Pentax Support on PentaxForums

Ricoh Imaging customer service representatives will now monitor PentaxForums.com and answer customer questions directly.

Read more on the PF homepage...

12-08-2016, 02:19 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great, but disappointing this has taken so many years. I have been championing this for YEARS now. In the forums, on DPR, during private phone calls with Jim Malcolm (who is no longer with the company as of last spring for those unaware) and his staff in Denver, with Adam here at PF, and so many other venues I've lost track of them all.

I even offered to act as the conduit to represent the brand officially in that capacity here on the forums. Multiple times.

And then there was that one time one of the media directors admitted to me she knew nothing about photography, so she wouldn't be able to answer any of the technical questions that would surely arise, and so she refused to even read what I've argued for years is a literal gold mine.

I hope your representatives that are dedicated to the forums (yes dedicated) demonstrate themselves as being as technically, photographically, and marketing savvy as the population here; a population that I've begged you to stop failing to leverage.

If you truly are monitoring, Ricoh, I hope this isn't too little too late and another of many opportunities squandered over the years that I've screamed at you until I was out of breath only to watch it all fall on deaf ears.

Very Respectfully,
A guy who is probably too loyal

Last edited by Heie; 12-08-2016 at 02:24 PM.
12-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I think it is a wonderful thing. It will be very useful for Pentax users and Pentax/Ricoh customer service staff/management personnel.
12-08-2016, 03:10 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Great, but disappointing this has taken so many years.
If you truly are monitoring, Ricoh, I hope this isn't too little too late and another of many opportunities squandered over the years that I've screamed at you until I was out of breath only to watch it all fall on deaf ears.
I understand the frustration, but I say we draw a line and start with a positive outlook from now. Whatever did or didn't happen before is in the past... hopefully we can look forward to great support and information going forward.

This is great news... A warm welcome to the Ricoh Imaging representatives!

12-08-2016, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree; this is wonderful news, and will definitely be a bonus for the Pentax crowd!

Looking forward to the future, with Pentax and now Pentax reps being here to assist us!
12-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've been a happy Pentax user for almost 40 years (I bought my Spotmatic in 1979) and it makes me even happier that Pentax/Ricoh staff are now actively taking part in these forums.
12-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is good news. Just as an observation, I am currently on a short break in Sydney. Yesterday at the Castle Towers shopping centre I saw a (temporary) Sony camera display in the middle of the centre. Cameras and lenses all screaming "Buy me for Christmas!" Considering that the centre has only one small photography shop tucked away in a corner on the ground floor, it seemed a great opportunity to get product out where everyone is walking past. One thing I do know about Pentax is that it is a recognised brand. But people tend to say "Pentax? They used to be really big didn't they?" I think others here can confirm that is their experience too. Once a year, Ricoh/Pentax could build their brand recognition and perhaps attract new users by stepping outside the traditional camera store. But being there ahead to the major brands would be critical.

12-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I tried to reply to https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/200-ask-ricoh-imaging-support/335336-acce...pair-info.html but as I'm not a Pentaxian and even though I'm a Site Supporter, I cannot.

QuoteQuote:
You are trying to post an item for sale in the Marketplace, and do not meet the conditions to do so. Click here to donate and gain access! You must either be a Pentaxian or Site Supporter to use the Marketplace.
12-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I tried to reply to https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/200-ask-ricoh-imaging-support/335336-acce...pair-info.html but as I'm not a Pentaxian and even though I'm a Site Supporter, I cannot.
Unless you are an admin, you can't reply to posts on that forum. The rules are similar to those in "Ask B&H". You can, however, PM the member who made the post if you have a suggestion or comment.

That being said, the error message is not helpful.

Steve
12-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Unless you are an admin, you can't reply to posts on that forum. The rules are similar to those in "Ask B&H". You can, however, PM the member who made the post if you have a suggestion or comment.

That being said, the error message is not helpful.

Steve
Indeed. It has been deliberately set up that way so that the OP gets a response from Pentax-Ricoh. Adam will need to correct the error message!
"This will allow you to have a one-on-one conversation with customer service (other members won't be able to post in your thread) regarding your Pentax or Ricoh gear."

Read more at: Get Official Pentax Support on PentaxForums - Photo Industry News | PentaxForums.com
12-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks chaps.

I just wanted add that I'd like the schematic diagram for the AF080C ring flash.
12-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent. Hey, Adam. You may want to shoot Big Red a PM to let him know there is a typo in his location block. It is Tucker, Georgia not Tucker Georiga.
12-09-2016, 03:46 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Don't get your hopes up.

Get Feedback.
Not take action
12-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I just wanted add that I'd like the schematic diagram for the AF080C ring flash.
I was wondering if you ever found a capacitor that would fit.
12-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Yes. I was looking through my component drawers and found several I could test with but not flashgun specific. However, I checked the cap with an ESR meter and I believe it's OK. Also, I triggered the flash inadvertently and got a powerful flash of light. I hate having to throw something away.