Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2017, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

RICOH Stays Committed to the Pentax Brand

RICOH assures its continued commitment to the Pentax and GR camera brands in response to recent rumors to the opposite.

Read more on the PF homepage...

04-12-2017, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see.
04-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Good to see.
Indeed!
04-12-2017, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

I purchased a K1 only 2 days ago, with the 24-70mm 2.8 FA lens. (Here in Australia, that's a big $$$ investment.) Have been researching for a solid week in the forum, (needed to replace a K 5 with shutter button issues) and places like Lonely Spek, cameradecision etc . The K1 beat both Nikon D750 and 810, in the comparison tests. So I made the decision to invest. Yesterday a local camera outlet chain sent an email link offering up to $1000.00 cash back for Nikon FF gear, in time for Easter. Pentax can't compete with that! I probably would have purchased either of the Nikons had the timing been different. What a difference a day makes! For those of us who belligerently persist and continue to support the Pentax brand, let's hope the rumours aren't true.

04-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxian359 Quote
I purchased a K1 only 2 days ago, with the 24-70mm 2.8 FA lens. (Here in Australia, that's a big $$$ investment.) Have been researching for a solid week in the forum, (needed to replace a K 5 with shutter button issues) and places like Lonely Spek, cameradecision etc . The K1 beat both Nikon D750 and 810, in the comparison tests. So I made the decision to invest. Yesterday a local camera outlet chain sent an email link offering up to $1000.00 cash back for Nikon FF gear, in time for Easter. Pentax can't compete with that! I probably would have purchased either of the Nikons had the timing been different. What a difference a day makes! For those of us who belligerently persist and continue to support the Pentax brand, let's hope the rumours aren't true.
Don't worry I think you made a good choice!
04-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxian359 Quote
I would assume that you could be able to return the merchandise after only one day (or two) ?
Just guessing though.
04-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gm4life Quote
Don't worry I think you made a good choice!
Thanks, hope so, after everything I've read about how good the K1 is. Its a heavy piece of kit with the 24-70mm lens on

04-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I would assume that you could be able to return the merchandise after only one day (or two) ?
Just guessing though.
Yes if it is retail it should have some return time available if you are really jittery about it.

It seems yesterday was a bit of a shock for some of us.. yet today had a different announcement. Both reports could be taken either way depending on your point of view.

I think the next few months will really show the way of what is in store for Pentax... beyond articles and reports.. in the form of actual product releases or not.