Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Site Supporter

K-1 Hardware Upgrade: Pentax Loves You, Too

Ricoh announces that it will upgrade current Pentax K-1 cameras with K-1 Mark II features.

Read more on the PF homepage...

02-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hopefully other manufacturers of a LOT of various types of equipment will decide this is a good option. I'm looking forward to it! =D
02-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was particularly interested in the feature improvements of the "pixel shift resolution". Does anyone know if it is a software improvement, or a combination of both hardware and software? It would be nice if it could be applied in a firmware update to the K-70!
02-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #4
Forum Member

The upgrade information says that the main board gets replaced in the upgrade, so I have a feeling there are significant control electronics involved. I suspect that a firmware upgrade wouldn't cut the mustard.

I suppose we'll see if they release similar upgrades for other cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by rickmayberry Quote
I was particularly interested in the feature improvements of the "pixel shift resolution". Does anyone know if it is a software improvement, or a combination of both hardware and software? It would be nice if it could be applied in a firmware update to the K-70!

02-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heebie Quote
The upgrade information says that the main board gets replaced in the upgrade, so I have a feeling there are significant control electronics involved. I suspect that a firmware upgrade wouldn't cut the mustard.

I suppose we'll see if they release similar upgrades for other cameras.
I knew that the full upgrade involved significant hardware replacement, but I was hoping that a software fix might enhance the "pixel shift resolution" feature. I guess we'll see!
02-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Forum Member

Pixel shift resolution is available on the K-1 as of day-1. It's just supposed to be faster, so that it can be done hand-held. Right now it really requires a tripod to get decent results. (but the resolution is INSANE!) =D

I'm looking forward to seeing how different it is.

QuoteOriginally posted by rickmayberry Quote
I knew that the full upgrade involved significant hardware replacement, but I was hoping that a software fix might enhance the "pixel shift resolution" feature. I guess we'll see!