Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 672
K-1 Hardware Upgrade: Pentax Loves You, Too

Ricoh announces that it will upgrade current Pentax K-1 cameras with K-1 Mark II features.

Read more on the PF homepage...

02-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 50
Hopefully other manufacturers of a LOT of various types of equipment will decide this is a good option. I'm looking forward to it! =D
02-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 24
I was particularly interested in the feature improvements of the "pixel shift resolution". Does anyone know if it is a software improvement, or a combination of both hardware and software? It would be nice if it could be applied in a firmware update to the K-70!
02-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 50
The upgrade information says that the main board gets replaced in the upgrade, so I have a feeling there are significant control electronics involved. I suspect that a firmware upgrade wouldn't cut the mustard.

I suppose we'll see if they release similar upgrades for other cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by rickmayberry Quote
I was particularly interested in the feature improvements of the "pixel shift resolution". Does anyone know if it is a software improvement, or a combination of both hardware and software? It would be nice if it could be applied in a firmware update to the K-70!


02-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 24
QuoteOriginally posted by Heebie Quote
The upgrade information says that the main board gets replaced in the upgrade, so I have a feeling there are significant control electronics involved. I suspect that a firmware upgrade wouldn't cut the mustard.

I suppose we'll see if they release similar upgrades for other cameras.
I knew that the full upgrade involved significant hardware replacement, but I was hoping that a software fix might enhance the "pixel shift resolution" feature. I guess we'll see!
02-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2017
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 50
Pixel shift resolution is available on the K-1 as of day-1. It's just supposed to be faster, so that it can be done hand-held. Right now it really requires a tripod to get decent results. (but the resolution is INSANE!) =D

I'm looking forward to seeing how different it is.

QuoteOriginally posted by rickmayberry Quote
I knew that the full upgrade involved significant hardware replacement, but I was hoping that a software fix might enhance the "pixel shift resolution" feature. I guess we'll see!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature She loves me, she loves me not.... bel-ami Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 3 05-08-2014 04:56 PM
She loves me, she really loves me! icywarm General Talk 7 03-14-2010 12:12 AM
loves me, loves me not...... dcmsox2004 Post Your Photos! 1 07-12-2009 07:19 PM
She loves me, she loves me not... melander Post Your Photos! 0 06-30-2009 09:39 AM
She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not (Bird Behavior) arpaagent Post Your Photos! 0 02-17-2009 10:52 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top