Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Ok, Blue. But I wasn't and haven't talked to any saleperson yet. I was going by my experienced computer tech assumption. That because computers are electronics in a since are old 6 months after they come out or are built..So, cameras aren't in this category, then. Well, that's good to know.

Btw, I don't let salespeople talk me into anything. I know what I want, and I'll always buy what I want, no matter what they say.
They are but its more erratic. Plus, even with computers, if you get an upper end unit, it will actually remain in service doing a productive job longer. What I mean be erratic with cameras is that the with these digitals, the real curve is with the sensors and sensor evolution. That would be analogous with processor evolution in computers.

Edit: And you don't have to talk directly to sales or marketing people. It is that push to get people after the latest greatest gimic or what ever. Sometime these are more significant than others.

09-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #17

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but can you shoot in full manual or is this fully auto? I scanned the info but didn't see.
09-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
Site Supporter

I buy high end computers, I build them.

Anyway, I get the gist of what you're saying Blue. And btw, I just told B&H to let me know when the white K-x comes in.

booklady, I do believe you can shoot either or. Take a look here at the specs: I don't believe it would say this, if it wasn't true: Shutter speeds (manual)
30 - 1/6000s

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-digital-slr-reviews/73845-pentax-k-x.html
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #19

aha. Thank you.

Please tell me I didn't make a mistake buying the K-7 last week.

09-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
Site Supporter

I won't tell you that. I'm sure the K-7 is just as functional. I can't say cause I don't even have a DSLR yet. I'm still shooting film.

The reason I was interested in the K-x is because of the price. I was going to by a K20D but it was selling for the same price as this new camera and with a lens. The K20D was body only.
09-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by booklady Quote
aha. Thank you.

K-7 is a heck of a camera. Don't regret your decision. I won't regret my K-7 . Maybe a K-x for the wife though, if she would ever want to get into photography. She did love all the colors!
09-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Ok, Blue. But I wasn't and haven't talked to any saleperson yet. I was going by my experienced computer tech assumption. That because computers are electronics in a since are old 6 months after they come out or are built..So, cameras aren't in this category, then. Well, that's good to know.

Btw, I don't let salespeople talk me into anything. I know what I want, and I'll always buy what I want, no matter what they say.
With computers yes they do become outdated by the time you take it out of the packaging,but with cameras,I think it's a bit different.After 3 years of owning my K100D,it is still taking brilliant shots.The newer cameras may have the newer advanced features,but it doesn't mean to say that they take a better pictures,and therefore my K100d is outdated.
09-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by booklady Quote
aha. Thank you.

K-7 is still the top body.