Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PENTAX PRESENTS TWO SHORT FILMS SHOT EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE K-X

News update from the official Pentax website:

GOLDEN, CO (February 10, 2010)…PENTAX Imaging Company recently commissioned two Colorado production companies to create an entertaining short film to demonstrate the many possibilities of shooting HD video on a PENTAX K-7 digital SLR with a lens assortment that offers cinematographic perspective to anyone.

Posted on www.youtube.com/pentaxian1, the films were produced by All Terrain Studios and Futuristic Films both of Denver, Colorado.

The All Terrain Studios filmmaking team of Dave Rosner and Melissa Rosner produced THE RIDER in the Colorado high country at Loveland Ski Area and the nearby mountain village of Georgetown. Starring RIDE Snowboard sponsored athlete Erik Ludwig, the film shares a typical day in the life of a snow bum who lives for his daily terrain park fix. The film captures majestic vistas of the Rocky Mountain Continental Divide and offers an inside look into winter sport lifestyles. THE RIDER was primarily filmed with the smc PENTAX DA 15mm F4 ED AL LIMITED, the smc PENTAX DA Star 55mm F1.4 SDM and the smc PENTAX DA Star 300mm F4 ED(IF) SDM lenses.

Filmmaker Jamin Winans and Futuristic Films takes viewers on a wild ride in UNCLE JACK. Behind this nocturnal odyssey of a desperate fugitive is the sweet tale of an uncle comforting his beloved niece with a cellular bedtime story. A mad clown, a crazed woman, magic pills, gunshots and more add up for a fast-paced, riotous adventure. Shot in downtown Denver entirely at night, the film keeps you rooting for a troubled character with a big heart. UNCLE JACK was filmed with the smc PENTAX DA Star 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM, the smc PENTAX DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fish-Eye and the smc PENTAX DA Star 60-250mm F4 ED (IF) SDM lenses.

Stay tuned to www.youtube.com/pentaxian1 for future “behind the scenes interviews” with the filmmakers. Product information is available here: www.pentaximaging.com.

PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras including weather resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.

###

Media contact:
Michelle Martin
michelle.martin@pentax.com

Consumer contact:

pentaxinfo@pentax.com

1-800-877-0155

www.facebook.com/pentax

www.futuristicfilms.com

www.allterrainstudios.com

www.skiloveland.com

More...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Uncle Jack is a real show stopper

It really outlines the benefits of DSLR Video.
And I was really not sure about DSLR vids in the beginning.
Let me link to another K-7 Video that I thought was stunning.
Fashion movie made with the Pentax K-7: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
there is a link in there.
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

Very nice

Whoa! Both of those videos were pretty cool! I didn't expect that.
02-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Uncle Jack can only be described as excellent piece of imagination and drive TFS

I love it

cheers

02-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #5

unless it's an artifact of their post-processing, the body used to shoot "Uncle Jack" had some stuck pixels on the left hand side of the frame. I see two greenish "dots" in the same spot, in all the scenes, that stay put even as the camera moves. and no, they're not in my monitor
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i noticed the spots as well. I guess Pentax did not. Regardless, Uncle Jack is great.
02-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Watched Uncle Jack.....Amazing.

I'd love to know how some of the effects are done.

Chromo
02-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very well made, good to see.
I believe they are both shot with the K7

Last edited by Jonson PL; 02-17-2010 at 08:37 AM.
02-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Banned

K-7 not K-X

QuoteQuote:
PENTAX PRESENTS TWO SHORT FILMS SHOT EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE K-X

GOLDEN, CO (February 10, 2010)…PENTAX Imaging Company recently commissioned two Colorado production companies to create an entertaining short film to demonstrate the many possibilities of shooting HD video on a PENTAX K-7 digital SLR with a lens assortment that offers cinematographic perspective to anyone.
02-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
demonstrate the many possibilities of shooting HD video on a PENTAX K-7 .
Indeed. These are K-7 videos.

Pentax need to commission some K-x videos too.

There are probably about 5 times more K-x video users out there than K-7 video folks.