Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
High School Senior for portfolio
Lens: 70 mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: historic park in PA ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F4.5 

He had some acne and is kind of self conscious of it. So the mom quietly asked me if I could fix it at all. I don't want to go overboard, so I'm wondering how this looks.

any and all CC is appreciated.

05-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It looks pretty good, a few things I notice though:

1. the colour looks a little washed out, your WB is a bit off IMO. (his jeans arent really a blue anymore)

2. I would crop it a bit tighter, the empty space above his head is a distraction with the background.

3. I'd also try a bit of sharpening

Hope that helps
05-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you! I'll play some more and see if I can get it looking better. as far as sharpening...I have always been an over sharpener. So I'm trying to tone it down some. LOL Guess I went to the other extreme now.

Going to re edit this now....
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I definitely crop off the top. The background is distractin IMO and shame you "chopped" off his right hand... tighter crop would only exagorate the missing hand IMO... shame shame shame... otherwise I like it

05-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have more with no chop, yay!!! I just checked. I thought I had backed off for some too and I did, so I have the same pose, no chopped limbs. I just need to edit them. But I had a session the day before I am making myself finish before I do more of these Senior pictures.

thanks for the replies!
05-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

well his hair is a mess!! heehee ok seriously. I think you did a good job removing some of the rouge without taking away too much detail... the only question I have is how processed is his forehead... there does not seem to be any detail there or between his eyes... but I don't think it is too over done, and since he is a younger man, it maybe ok, because he likely doesn't have a lot of shall we say experience in his face yet..
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
well his hair is a mess!!
LOL yeah, he kept running his hands through it up top to make it stand up...aaah, young 'uns these days hahaha

Here is a sooc shot, so you can compare

did i over do it between his eyes ?

05-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Yeah there is some pp there, I don`t think it is a bad thing... but you can tell that it is there, just because no one has skin that perfect... have you shown it to the mother yet? If the client is happy, really that is all that matters... the only thing I might suggest is some of the bags under his eyes, if you are going to pp the rest of the face, the bags really stand out...

but if it was me, I might leave the detail in the face, just reduce the contrast in the face so that the bright red blends in a bit, maybe some selective detail reductions too...
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

If the forehead seems too smooth I think you may be able to find a brush set for free online somewhere (wish I could remember where) that has skin brushes in it
05-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

might just be me. but i keep looking at the tree in the background cause of the leading lines.