Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Rate from 1-10. 1-worst 10-best Please explain vote also! Thanks
worst 1100.00%
best   00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Chain and Lock
Lens: Sigma 28-80mm Camera: K200d Photo Location: Orlando ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F22 

Please let me know what you think!! Also please rate 1-10 with 10 being the best. Thanks Andrew

Attached Images

05-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photos can be rated from the menu in the upper-right of the thread as well

Rated a 4. Also, note that the image exif fields are optional, so please don't fill them out inaccurately if you choose to do so!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I like it but try another crop just for kicks?

this framing horizontally but with more vertical (camera in portrait and slightly wider angle when shooting) might have given you more to work with.

I really like the look of the light and textures though. I'm a sucker for rust

Jesse

also as adam said: f22 1 second? Really? open up a bit and blur that background right out! I gave it 4/5 too
05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's only 'worst' and 'best' options in the poll - it doesn't give a good indication at all of how people rate your image.

I'd give it a 5/10 overall with 3/10 for the choice of subject matter, composition and lighting, and 6/10 for the technicalities, post-production and exposure settings of the shot.

f/22 may be too far stopped down, but I wouldn't have set the aperture any wider than f/11 for this kind of close-up work, just to ensure the whole subject matter remains in focus. So not a bad effort in this regard, just take more time to think about the subject itself and how you can make it more interesting to capture with the use of lighting, perspective and framing.

In this example, there are competing elements to the scene and a lack of 'depth' to the image from the depressed clarity done in post-processing. Moreover it lacks the high degree of sharpness that great macro shots offer, and whilst the texture rendered here is OK, it does not project much of a 'wow' factor.

Nevertheless a good effort with this one.

05-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
This is another attempt!

What do you think of this? It's a bit different that the other. Tried a different perspective as well as a different exposure set up as well.
Attached Images

05-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Forum Member

The subject doesn't do much for me.

I do like the shadow in the night-shot.
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I am not sure I understand why you took this photo. I believe, if you want to take pictures of "ordinary" objects, then the conditions must be somehow exceptional. I dont see enough of it here.

All the best, Stepan