Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wild Flower
Lens: DA 100 Camera: K7 Photo Location: Dodge Park ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F16 

Also an EV of -0.7
These things are tiny and rarely stand still for very long.
Tried to add a little more interest through DOF.
Hope I didn't overdo sharpening on the resize.

Attached Images

05-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I like it. I just don't care for the composition. i think the dark background is really distracting. I also feel your pain about the flowers moving. But I feel a faster shutter speed could have been used to ensure a quite sharp photo. If you need to wait until the sun is in a different part of the sky so you have more light that would help with the faster shutter speed. Good effort but could be better.

I go out sometimes 4 to 5 times a week to photograph the same subject. I use different times a day and try new angles until I get just what Im looking for. I would never suggest something that I wouldnt do. Thanks Andrew
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
To me the image is not too iteresting, because there is not very compelling light in it. It seems to me too neutral, too flat. Therefore it does not seem to me atractive enough.

Stepan
05-31-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I'd agree about the ordinary flat lighting here - it's the one aspect that limits the potential of this image. Also, the prickly buds to the left of the little flower are too much of a contrast in elements, distracting the viewer from the subject. The flower itself isn't the most attractive, but you've chosen a good aperture to get it all in sharp focus.