Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Garden Flower
Lens: Tamron 28-200 Aspherical LD [if] 3.8-5.8 Macro Camera: k10d Photo Location: Backyard Garden ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F16 

I would appreciate any and all CC regarding the pic below:

This is my first foray into DSLR photography.

Focal Length @ 200mm (350mm 35 equivalent)

Other than resizing, no other modifications have been done.

Click the link for a full size view
https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/27667/1_IMGP8242.png

Pic is also in my photo gallery.

05-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The general rule of thumb is to never photograph an even number of subjects in your photo- this would be a lot better if you focused in on one of the flowers, as the one on the left looks especially exciting. Also, you'll want to be careful and try to only photograph good specimen. This one isn't bad, but there are a few imperfections on the leaves of the flower on the right that could be closed out. Technically, this is quite a good shot though. A good start!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-28-2010, 05:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I honestly wasn't even paying attention to the burn marks on a few of the petals. I was just amazed at the natural colors of each flower and how they popped out at you and was wondering how the out of focus brick coloring behind the green leaves might help accent the coloration of the flowers pistols.

Never head about even numbered subjects. I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I did a good job of applying the rule of thirds to this composition.