Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Our Much Admired Coathanger
Lens: Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 DC Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Sydney harbour ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F8 

I was taking photos of the Sydney Vivid Festival,and while waiting for the Opera House to change colour i swung the camera round and captured this shot.
This was my first real attempt at night photography and I am quite pleased with this photo. I was using manual focus.
Your comments and suggestions for any improvements are very welcome.

Click on link for larger photohttp://PDIphotos.zenfolio.com/img/s10/v17/p273729617-5.jpg

06-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i love the "coathanger", and you did a great job here. awesome colors and good DOF sharpness. only thing i would've liked better is if you could get a higher viewpoint so the water and city skyline could pop up over that darn metal railing.

is all that lovely aqua colored light on the water coming from the bridge lights? that would be fun to play with more on your return.
06-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for your comments Mike. I agree that it is unfortunate about those railings, but i wanted to include the pathway and the bridge in this shot. I will certainly try for a higher angle next time but it will have to be from a lot further away as there isnt a high spot nearby.
06-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Inactive Account

great vantage point on this one!