Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What is your opinion?
Like 133.33%
Dislike 266.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lake Tahoe, California
Lens: PENTAX SMC DA 18 - 55 mm Camera: PENTAX *istDS Photo Location: Lake Tahoe ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F11 

Cropped this photo to panoramic, and would appreciate your critique.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
06-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the photo, but I am no expert. It lacks a "pop" though, which is the factor that makes the picture jump out. I am not sure if it was possible, but the picture would look better without the tree branches in it. Just my humble opinion. I hope that helps!
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #3

First off, the off-centering of the horizon works well and the colours are vivid.
Also, the exposure is spot on. Which can be tricky in these circumstances, so kudos for that.

In my opinion, the weak part of the photo is the entire foreground. I just don't see the tree branches bringing anything to the photograph. It's always a nice idea to add a touch of objects/scenery in the foreground, especially in landscapes. Yet, the clutter of tree branches, and the fact that we don't know where any of them are coming from, make it very distracting.

Otherwise, a very nice attempt. Keep at it! If you have the chance, try going back to that spot and shooting above the trees to get the whole scene behind them.