Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #1

Landscape/Snapshot hybrid
Lens: Pentax 18-55 Camera: ist dl2 Photo Location: Donegal 

Hi, another photo from me looking for more tips. Snapped this while on a family picnic, was trying to get the placement of the house correct. The child ran into the frame and I think it created an interesting image. I also liked the colours in the image. Once again comments and critiques are very welcome and I thank you all in advance.

little-wooden-house on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

06-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #2

I like!

Here is the image for those who are too lazy to click links:

I like the contrast the little boy gives to the picture, but that said I noticed a slight glow around some of the objects which would I presume happened from over PP or somehow managed to pull off a really quick HDR photo.

I'll stick with the over pp

Other then that, top photo!
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, yeah the glow came about during the PP, for some reason playing with the levels created the glow.

Thanks for your comments and for posting the picture, I didn't realise that people didn't like clicking links. I will bear it in mind in future.
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleasant image - compositionally the boy is too far to the extreme of the image border but the colours come to life in the capture.

That glow may also be a result of setting clarity too high. You may benefit from adjusting contrast and sharpness in your PP program of choice to control this better.