Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
To address my own question regarding the 1200; Based on reading your post, Clark... They are not referring to resolution but dimension...thus a 2000 x 3000 pixel image would exceed the 1200 image "size" requirements.

08-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KerrTexas Quote
To address my own question regarding the 1200; Based on reading your post, Clark... They are not referring to resolution but dimension...thus a 2000 x 3000 pixel image would exceed the 1200 image "size" requirements.
sorry, I haven't had much of a chance to reply to your PM yet

but yes I would assume they were talking about image size

so even though your image exceeds the 'size' requirements, it was presumably rejected because of it's lack of sharpness

so next time make sure to get that shutter speed as high as it can get, and don't forget it's better to underexposure and get a sharp picture, than to exposure correctly but get blur- you can correct about 1 stop in post production, so if you've set your iso to 800 (and I recommend you don't go above that on your DL) and your apperture to the lowest, but the shutter speed is still too slow then hold down the +/- AV button and use the scroll wheel to add -1 exposure, this will force the shutter speed up but obviously will underexpose the image
08-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clark Quote
sorry, I haven't had much of a chance to reply to your PM yet

but yes I would assume they were talking about image size

so even though your image exceeds the 'size' requirements, it was presumably rejected because of it's lack of sharpness

so next time make sure to get that shutter speed as high as it can get, and don't forget it's better to underexposure and get a sharp picture, than to exposure correctly but get blur- you can correct about 1 stop in post production, so if you've set your iso to 800 (and I recommend you don't go above that on your DL) and your apperture to the lowest, but the shutter speed is still too slow then hold down the +/- AV button and use the scroll wheel to add -1 exposure, this will force the shutter speed up but obviously will underexpose the image
Yes, it was rejected for "poor resolution", not size. One of the administrators told me how they judge images for resolution; By zooming in on a portion of the image and if it pixelates too much, the image is rejected.

Will definitely try out everything you provided in your posts.

The PM has links to some of my other images and a comparison to another photograhper's images who takes photo's similar in nature to mine.