Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Barbed Wire/Pipe
Lens: Kit Lens Camera: K-x ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s 

This is my one of my favorites that I've taken with my K-x; my fourth day with this camera (my first DSLR, but I've 3 years' experience with film SLRs in a high school course). F-stop is 6.3, which apparently isn't an option from the dropdown menu.

Note: that's not junk on my lens/sensor between the pipe and the lower wire, upon closer inspection it appears to be spider/cobwebs with some stuff caught in it.

07-11-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Interesting shot, but I don't like how the pipe is bulls-eyed, and I also think there's too much negative space. A lower F stop would have also been nice, so that the wires on the left turned out sharp. However, I think a crop from the left could really spice up this shot, as then the composition would be a lot better. The majority of the rest of the shot is tack-sharp, so you'd then be all set

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm, okay. Is this what you mean by the crop?
Attached Images

07-11-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup- that's really close to what I meant!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: