Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Katherine
Camera: D20 Photo Location: Buffalo, NY ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 

Katherine is one of my favorate subjects (grand daughter). 13 years old and loves the camera.

Dave

Attached Images

07-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Forum Member

I don't have experience shooting / critiquing portraits, so you can take my opinion with a pinch (or more) of salt.

IMO, the crop is quite tight and the lighting on her face a bit harsh for my taste. I like the expression on her face though.
07-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think the problem with the lighting is that it is flat AND a bit harsh. It looks like direct on camera flash.
07-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like this image. It might be even more pleasing if presented with others of her — either matted together or as part of a grouping of separate images, showing other moods, and with her eyes open.
I like the texture of the cloth, and I appreciate the similar color of the small lights at upper left. Those small lights might be distracting if the image is presented larger.
The flatness of the lighting on her face does not bother me here — perhaps because of the texture in the head-covering.