Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #1

Squirrel
Lens: Pentax 50-200 Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Niagara, NY 

Please let me know the ways to improve this

07-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It appear to be focused,maybe its too central,try portrait mode,rules of 1/3 or how to break it,although i don't mind the first one as its concentrating in the squirrel,TFS and keep posting

cheers
07-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks cupic for the tip

Actually the camera was on auto mode and thinking the squirrel might get away, i clicked! next time will keep in mind of the portrait mode
07-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not much help to you here....everyone knows that I am Squirrel biased, and have never seen a bad Squirrel shot...as long as they are alive!
With Squirrels, you often get what you can, they aren't still for long,unless they are paid models like I use. If you like Squirrels, you can get your fill of them here Flickr: Festus 2009's Photostream

Some very fine shots in the mix.....it takes a little practice and learning to anticipate their movements, but it is great fun, and if you learn to shoot Squirrels it will enhance your other shooting abilities. Hasn't helped mine a lot, but I can shoot Squirrels!
Yard Squirrels Photo Gallery by James Williams at pbase.com
Best Regards& I enjoyed the Squirrel shots!

07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Not much help to you here....everyone knows that I am Squirrel biased, and have never seen a bad Squirrel shot...as long as they are alive!
With Squirrels, you often get what you can, they aren't still for long,unless they are paid models like I use. If you like Squirrels, you can get your fill of them here Flickr: Festus 2009's Photostream

Some very fine shots in the mix.....it takes a little practice and learning to anticipate their movements, but it is great fun, and if you learn to shoot Squirrels it will enhance your other shooting abilities. Hasn't helped mine a lot, but I can shoot Squirrels!
Yard Squirrels Photo Gallery by James Williams at pbase.com
Best Regards& I enjoyed the Squirrel shots!

one word! Whoa!!! awesome clicks mate, and you really are a squirrel lover
07-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah Razor, it is an addiction I guess......anyhow, it is fun to shoot the little devils! My feed bill gets a little high around here, but better to feed them than having them destroy my house and phone lines......and they will if you cross them!
Best Regards!
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by razorBlades Quote
Thanks cupic for the tip

Actually the camera was on auto mode and thinking the squirrel might get away, i clicked! next time will keep in mind of the portrait mode
I think the comment might have been intended to suggest portrait orientation, not portrait mode as in the camera's exposure mode, if that's what you mean. I think the picture might indeed be better cropped so the orientation becomes vertical.

Paul