Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Shall we wait for the music?
Lens: Voigtlander 20mm Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Banyuls ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/15s Aperture: F6.7 

A night scene at Banyuls, France.

Attached Images

07-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This shot doesn't work for me. The people on the left are distracting, the kids in the foreground are turned away from both the camera and the band, and the left edge needs some slight cropping. The shot is also a little bit soft.

However, I do like the idea here, and the composition itself would be very successful if not the issue above.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the idea.....but it works better for me as a down the center 8x8 crop, capturing the band and the kids on the floor, leaving out all the other distractions. I l just did a quick crop, but with a little work I think you could get a nice shot and retain the atmosphere....although you will lose some of the felling of the "space". Yes, it appears a little soft, too, might be correctable. Just for fun I might even try a B/W, but I think color is the way on this one.....
At any rate, I do like the shot!
Regards!
« Lake at Dusk | Frog »