Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice images!
My favorites would be #1-#3 ... all of which look overdone, but this adds to it!

Only the last shot should either be treated more or less. Looking at it I am not sure whether it's overdone or not or where the post processing is heading to...

Thanks for sharing!

03-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #17

Very good shots! (especially given you didn't use a DSLR).
I really like the color processing and contrast curve you applied.
My favorite is the first one.
The only thing I'd do is lower the saturation a bit, but other than that good work and thanks for sharing
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, they are overdone effectively.
Though I wouldn't use that term as it implies not being done well.
Many highly processed images have lots of burnt out shadows and highlights and seem to go against the basic tenets of post-processing, but these are good examples of successfully breaking those rules.
03-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
They look great to me. That's the great thing about photography, and post processing. If you like it, that's all that really matters. Art, just like food and music, is subjective. I have seen wonderful shots that others didn't like. I've also seen shots that I thought were just OK, but others went on and on about them.
I think another issue that weighs in on this subject is what computer monitor we use. If the PP monitor has different settings than the critic's monitor, I don't think they are going to be looking at the "same" picture. Anyway... Bla,Bla,Bla.

I think your pictures look great, and I found myself wishing I had subject matter like it around me.

03-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

In a personal opinion No.5 Looks a bit along the lines of "overdone" HDR, I say overdone but in a very slight sense.

And as others have said, the last one doesn't have anything eye-catching to composition.
But as you are asking for the PP to be reviewed I'll point out it seems to be slightly over exposed in combination with over PP of the blacks. Maybe try to lower the exposure a hint, and reduces the ease off blacks a touch too.

Otherwise I have to say I very much like what you have done here.