Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yours actually looks a little better than mine on my screen....maybe just a tiny bit too warm, but better than mine, which now looks yellow!
Regards!

08-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This was shot at a table in a local Convenience Store, and the light was brutal daylight on the right next to the window, and fluorescent on her left......using AWB did pretty good for the conditions.
You did very well, Rupert, but I think you used some kind of portraiture skin plug in or filter. Personally, I find that people go and overapply these tools very easily. It seems that you did so here as well. I fail to believe that the model's skin is so devoid of any texture or anything at all for that matter. So, to summarize - you made a good shot but perhaps another approach to processing it could be in order.
08-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Boris, I am not in disagreement in your observation that we often over process skintones and blemishes, but I can tell you for an absolute fact that the women have no complaints. You just leave that big pimple, or wart on the end of the nose one time and see how many more times you shoot that model?

I am not kidding in the least! I don't claim to "know women", but I know a lot about what they like/don't like. If you can knock 10 years off a woman, you will have a model anytime you want! If you bring out the "ruggedness" in her and the ravages of time, you may be true to your trade, but you will soon be shooting only landscapes and wildlife!

But...if you want unretouched, this is the first snap I ever took of this lovely girl, and she needs little if any retouchiong......she is just a natural beauty.

Best Regards!
08-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I think that last one is as good as the first (except for the yellow!) There are some obvious flaws that I'm guessing would have been eliminated by good portrait software, so I'm guessing that either none was applied, or it wasn't that good, or it was only applied selectively. In any case I don't see the over-applied issue here at all - it looks pleasingly natural to me (except for the yellow!)

Nobody said that the object of the picture was to capture every detail of the model. If you take away the use of software to eliminate flaws (which I don't think was obviously used here), you have to take away the use of makeup, and hair coloring, etc. Then you'll have to do is tell the model she can't wear any clothes.

Paul

« Beached | Enchanted »