Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
finding my way
Lens: 18-250 Tamaron Camera: K20D Photo Location: Paint mines Interpretive park ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 

Very nice little park N.E. of Colorado springs out in the middle of no where with very few people. It was a joy to visit, texture and colors were incredible.

This is one of my favorites from the day.

Tell me what you think and why.

Thanks for you input.

09-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think this shot has potential, but it doesn't work for me simply because the "frames" are prettier than what's being framed. Furthermore, the framed mountains are overexposed, which pulls your eye away from them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'll reiterate Adam's comments here. For these kind of shots to work really well, there should be some kind of visual correspondence between the shape of the opening and what's beyond. So in the perfect setup, a mountain peak that came to a sharp triangular summit would appear in your frame. Another approach would have recurring repetitions of the triangular form that extends to a kind of infinity.

It's not like these setups are all over the place, so don't feel too bad. You gave it a very decent attempt.

The rocks in the foreground look very enticing with the changing colors (red rocks are amazing to me)--I'd go back and work on that area visually.

M
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I see.....

Thanks Adam,

Better exposure in the frame. Sometimes the frame can't help but steal the show.

I appreciate your time.

John

« Nephew | Keep out »