Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Orchid
Lens: Hoya 35-105mm F-3.5 Camera: Pentax K10-D Photo Location: Pru center Boston ,Ma. ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F3.5 

Just got this lens Its A Hoya HMC 35-105mm F-3.5 zoom & Macro Lens so I took it out for a spin and shot some Orchids with it and No Lens hood at this time
Everything in Manual Mode and Hand Held at 1/40 and Yes I think I had the OS system On:
Comments and Opinions are well come as all ways:

Attached Images

09-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very photogenic flowers.
Comments-wise, these images have unnecessary and distracting background clutter, but #3's rendition comes up very nicely - looks like a better lighting effect and choice of aperture.
Consider framing with the subject in mind - choose one or a small group arranged geometrically to make the subject prominently featuring in the image and avoid backgrounds that don't complement the subject.
09-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These look more like a lens testing effort than an art execution. At that speed, handholding a heavy-ish lens almost guarantees less-than-sharp images. So a tripod and MLU is strongly recommended.

Also, as Ash noted, the background is totally distracting.

The third one is the most interesting. I would add that fill lighting and maybe focused lighting above is needed to allow the details of the flower center to be seen. That is the most interesting part of the flower because it is so intricate.

I would also check your WB settings. The shots seems a little too green/blue cast.

M