Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Haley III
Lens: DA* 55 Camera: k7 Photo Location: Central maine, USA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 

Used a soft box and umbrella. B&W conversion in Photoshop CS4. Levels adjustment and used Noiseware as my exposure was a bit off so some noise was generated.

09-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Whoops--Here it is!!!

Gregg

Last edited by candgpics; 09-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I think the lighting and exposure are good. I am not keen on the composition; it needs serious cropping. On my monitor the area between the model's waist and knees is too dark so does not stand out from the dark background.
09-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it....agree that the lighting is less than adequate in the lower half and it appears a little "flat" overall to me, but I like the composition .
You never answered me on a trade for a box of Squirrels....does this mean you don't find my Squirrels all that attractive?

Otis is an excellent model...will pose just as asked.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

09-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
^^^ I didn't realize you could post Full Monty shoots in the forum

Yes, this pic is lacking a good B&W tonal range.
09-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good pose from Haley.
My first thought is: "more light".
It needed more texture gained from a stronger presence of the supplemental light.
Yes I also agree that the composition is not quite strong enough - either it should be a full portrait or a more close up shot - chopping her off at just above the ankles is a little disconcerting.
09-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by ramair455 Quote
^^^ I didn't realize you could post Full Monty shoots in the forum

Yes, this pic is lacking a good B&W tonal range.

I think Otis gets some special privileges here...I can't prove it, but he seems to get away with a lot more than most of us can. A while back he even posted one of his topless girlfriends...and there was not a peep heard from any of the Moderators.....
Best Regards!

I could never get by with this...but then again, I don't really know any models with three sets of juggeroonies either.....

09-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I think Otis gets some special privileges here...I can't prove it, but he seems to get away with a lot more than most of us can. A while back he even posted one of his topless girlfriends...and there was not a peep heard from any of the Moderators.....
Best Regards!

I could never get by with this...but then again, I don't really know any models with three sets of juggeroonies either.....
You've certainly caught somebody's attention..

09-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lawjbm Quote
Used a soft box and umbrella. B&W conversion in Photoshop CS4. Levels adjustment and used Noiseware as my exposure was a bit off so some noise was generated.
Haley certainly looks a capable model. I would like to see more of her however (no, not that way).. A little bit of Fill Light in ACR, I think would help it along. You can also do a B&W conversion in ACR and use the color sliders as you would filters with B&W film.

The crop, both on this one and the other one I looked at seem odd to me. It looks like you caught her by surprise as she was leaving the area (heading toward the left of the frame). If that's what you intend, fine, but it doesn't quite work for me.

09-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi all:

Thanx so much again.

I need to better calibrate my monitor as that will help. I need to work on some of the lighting/Haley's dress in CS4 to create some separation.

Why did I pick the crop? No clue. I tend to do my photo work late at night/early morning and I often take another look the next day and see some mistakes. I likely will re-do the crop as a full body.

Haley is great to work with. I met her on ModelMayhem (and her mother) and I have since become friendly with them, they are relatively local to us, and I now have shot with Haley 3 times. Hopefully, I will get another chance.

I hope to post a few more from my shoot with Haley.

No trading!!!

Thanx all so much again. I have a few more shoots coming up and hope to do some light painting or some work with dry ice and will post them when they are finished.

Gregg