Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Couple
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Camera: K-x ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F4 

The sun was going down so I had to bump up my ISO and drop my shutter speed which I wasn't too happy about but had no choice.

Attached Images

09-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good looking couple.
Good casual look with a nice pose.
The railing between them is a problem for me - it would be more intimate with nothing between them, and they had a warmer embrace.
There is also clear overexposure here, which could hopefully be fixed in PP, and once that's done some contrast and shadow detail boosting may be required to bring out the texture that may have been subdued by the flat lighting.
09-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Ash. This one is edited lol. I was shooting with natural light. I wasn't sure what to do with the side lighting. I could have used a reflector (I had an assistant with me) but at the time I had a smaller one. I didn't know if I should have a reflector being held for all the shots or not but it probably would have been better if I did use it.
09-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

With those ambient conditions, I'm not sure the reflector would have done much for this image - the contrast and lighting are already quite flat in the shot, but not detestable.

To add more texture it probably does warrant supplementary off-camera lighting, but that would have been even more cumbersome.

09-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try sitting them on the steps next time with their arms around each other and big smiles. Then you can better crop out all the distracting background.
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #6

Original Poster
Ya I had off camera lighting too with me but I felt I might take away from the shoot if I have my assistant holding the flash with its diffuser the whole time. I used it later on in the night though (as sun was setting and after it set).

Thanks jbinpg, I shot many different poses, and I admit I'm not the best at posing my subjects which frustrates me.