Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Almost ready to serve
Lens: Pentax DFA 100mm Macro WR Camera: K-x ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F6.7 

Lightly cropped, really hard to shoot under midday sun.

C & C welcome!

09-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #2

I like it
09-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot! I like the angle you put it at, and love the shimmery bokeh that the rising gases/heat contritubes too. I suppose maybe you could have extended the depth of field to the end of the row, but other than that I don't see much wrong with it. That said, I doubt I know what I'm talking about when it comes to critiquing so...
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The only negative is the sun/shadow on the food.

09-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it too...and will take three of them! Although it is not something I picture framed and hanging in my living room, it is an interesting and well shot photo and id does make me hungry!
Best Regards!
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noquarter15 Quote
I like it
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
Nice shot! I like the angle you put it at, and love the shimmery bokeh that the rising gases/heat contritubes too. I suppose maybe you could have extended the depth of field to the end of the row, but other than that I don't see much wrong with it. That said, I doubt I know what I'm talking about when it comes to critiquing so...
I see what you mean by not enough depth of field, who wouldn't want to see more of these mouth watering things

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The only negative is the sun/shadow on the food.
I agree, it's almost midday and the sun is playing havoc on us, I suppose if I take this shot an hour later there wouldn't be that much annoying shadows but we had to move on, oh well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I like it too...and will take three of them! Although it is not something I picture framed and hanging in my living room, it is an interesting and well shot photo and id does make me hungry!
Best Regards!
Thanks Rupert, I did take a few horizontal shots but they all turn out to be rather boring so I thought I had to try a different angle I do wish my camera can capture the smell though, that would be great!