Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Memories
Lens: QTII 1.4-5.6 70-210MM Camera: K-x 

I was wondering what you guys think about this shot?
Personally, it's not one of my favorites, but there's something about it that I just like...
I was thinking about maybe getting it printed and framed for my mom for Christmas, it's her style.

Looking at it again now, I do see that my focus is looking kinda fuzzy. That's what I hate about these lens, that always happens when you get around 180-210ish. Maybe I should go back and re-shoot it when some other lens?

Attached Images

10-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager

Hi Julie.
It's a casual shot with not a bad B&W rendition about it.
I would expect the in-focus areas to be a little blurry with the lens you used at max focal length and a large aperture - not much you can do about that other than run a pass of sharpening to it.
As for the image itself, the composition is OK for the simple subject matter included, although there is a clear slope to the scene, with the tree and chains leaning to the left.
Hope your mum likes it.
10-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am far from an expert in composition so take this with a grain of salt. My initial reaction when I saw your pic was no problem with focus since it represents memories, plus the sepia is appropriate IMO. However the large black area of the tree and the bright road grab too much of my attention. They almost intersect as if that was the subject. The bright wheeled vehicles also are too obvious for my taste and I would either crop or blur them.

But I get a feeling when you look at you don't see the details, just a flood of memories, so for your purpose its a fine shot.
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager

If you didn't have any other lens, you could also just get closer to the subject and shoot at 70mm with similar settings, only there will be less control over the background.

Just depends on what other lenses and focal lengths you have available to you.