Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #1

Landscape
Lens: pentax 16-45 Camera: K20 Photo Location: quebec ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/3000s Aperture: F4 

HI!!
this is my first post in this forum, probably not the last
I took this pic of my gilrl friend last week, and I would like to have some critics
about it, personaly I love it, you can feel feel the height but my girl friend doesn't
like it

thank!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
10-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I like the dog glancing up at her and the overall composition. The parking lot is a distraction but I don't know what you could have done about that; maybe backed away from the girl some more?
10-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank for your reply
my girl friend told me exactly the same thing about the parking lot, I think, for me this is the most difficult thing, find what is a distration in the pic
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If your subject was your girlfriend, then I can see her being not so happy with this one. If the subject is how people have built a town in a beautiful spot on this little blue marble, then I think it is successful. If your subject is the interplay between species, then it is wildly successful. Perhaps that is why photography teachers try to get you to hone in on one subject. Mixed messages compete.

10-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

your girlfriend needs to turn around so we can see her to make the shot work. parking lot ugly, but does give a good indication of your height.
10-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
If your subject was your girlfriend, then I can see her being not so happy with this one. If the subject is how people have built a town in a beautiful spot on this little blue marble, then I think it is successful. If your subject is the interplay between species, then it is wildly successful. Perhaps that is why photography teachers try to get you to hone in on one subject. Mixed messages compete.
My subject was definatly my girl friend looking at the landscape,
Can you enlighten me why the pic is not good??
what I did wrong??
thank
10-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Maybe a higher F stop to get the background in focus also, and a different angle to eliminate the parking lot. I love the dog looking up at your girl friend though!!

10-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

duber3: You didn't do anything wrong (except perhaps stand too close to the edge so the parking lot was visible). It is just that it is hard for people to pick up the message that you were intending to portray. If there was a thought balloon from the pooch saying "Gorgeous, isn't it!", then it would be easy to figure out.