Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you did a great job of getting and capturing the look. My one real crit of the photo itself would be the nose shadow. It does somewhat distract. That could be corrected with slightly different lighting. Maybe a little more on her left side to wash out the shadow, or Less on her left side to put that side of her face in more shadow for this sort of effect.

10-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Yes, I agree Jeff...but lots of things are easier said than done for me. I took lots of shots, which was one good thing I remembered to do!

Here is one of my favorites, and other than the spot healing brush on a fee places...this is a natural shot out of the K20D in a Jpeg. Just "Plain Old Shelby", and I think I like her this way best. What do you think? For a "mousy" little girl, I think I brought her to life.......literally! Remember that first shot with those glasses on........it has been a big change for her....and exciting, you can see it in her new self confidence! Great fun this is, and not without its rewards, it makes me feel good to see her "all smiles"!
Best Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like this one more than the previously posted ones (from the new series). (The image posted before this one was also much to my liking.) But the WB of these recently posted pics seems a bit too warm... Do you want it this way? Also, this pic seems a bit too sharp for a portrait... And a last critical observation: the crop is a bit too narrow, at least to my taste. Still, again, nice work resulting in beautiful pics of a beautiful girl. You'll have a lot to learn from each other!
10-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
I like this one more than the previously posted ones (from the new series). (The image posted before this one was also much to my liking.) But the WB of these recently posted pics seems a bit too warm... Do you want it this way? Also, this pic seems a bit too sharp for a portrait... And a last critical observation: the crop is a bit too narrow, at least to my taste. Still, again, nice work resulting in beautiful pics of a beautiful girl. You'll have a lot to learn from each other!

Thank you Causey.....they are far from perfect, but I am on the right track I do believe....just need a lot more practice and a little more time to correct my mistakes.
I like the above one very much too.....a little warm on some, I agree.....and do tend to head that direction by nature. Here is one more "Natural Shelby" that I also like very much.....
Best Regards & Thanks for your input! Always appreciated!
Attachment 73424

Last edited by Rupert; 03-18-2015 at 08:35 AM.