Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Did I get it?
Lens: 135mm Takumar Camera: Pentax K-x ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F2.8 

I have been trying to get decent volleyball photos for a while now. I bought this Takumar lens and got it a day before this game, so I'm still getting used to it. At least I can get my ISO down to 4000, instead of 12,800 with the kit lens. A little PP on noise, sharpness, hue and cropping. Any comments?

10-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Considering you have only just gotten the lens, I think that is a great shot! I love the focused look on the girls' face. Reminds me of when I used to play volleyball.
10-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm no expert, but I love that you caught her eyes and her expression of concentration going for the ball, and that the ball is in the shot too.
Seems to me that there is a little too much of a green tint in the photo, but it could just be my monitor too. I think it would be ideal too to have the ball closer to her. For instance right as she is hitting it, or right before or after. I know that's easier said than done though.
Great shot and keep them coming!
10-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Great shot.....yes, I see a little green tint myself, but the shot is very well made. A winner!
Best Regards!

10-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone! I'm glad the green tint was mentioned. I have photographed in the gym before with a kit lens and the green tint never showed up before. I did change the hue by -5, if remember correctly, because the tint was much worse. The lens has no filter yet, and I have shot previously with/without a UV lens, but never a tint. Is this a result of the lens itself?
10-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm just a plumber.....but I suspect from my experience that the different tints we get is most likely due to the lighting of the area where shot. I have noted that the tint can change depending on the lens used, so then you add another factor. then you add the camera settings, the different in-camera processing, the different post processing programs used....and what comes out in the end is....always a mystery to me!
Best Regards!