Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Last Shelby...
Lens: 43 Ltd Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 

I have processed most all of those I shot last week of her, this is the last one. Despite the settings, it was a little dark and I pushed it.....and it is also a crop of about 25% of the original frame, which might better explain why I used Neat Image to filter it.
It is the old Free version......what are you guys using for noise filtering?
Best Regards!

Shelby
[IMG] [/IMG]

10-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use Neat Image as a plug-in for Photoshop. I find I nearly always get the best results
from selecting "Remove Only Half of Noise". That picture looks just a titch too smooth.
Try doing everything exactly as you did but try the half noise option. I think you will find
very little difference in the visible noise, but it will look less "processed".
As a plug-in I would apply a mask and leave the background as you have it, but apply less removal to the face.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jim, I will try that. It is a shot that had a lot of problems...I blame equipment failure with my wireless flash set up...but kind of think it might have just been me.......experience leads me in that direction.

It does better as a B/W but still has problems. Next time I will be wary of improper exposure more closely. I usually prefer to stay away from the right.......but sometimes let the exposure slide over that direction.

We are going to shoot again next week, some new outfits and some new equipment......we are having Pizza and Cokes/Coffee/Tea...you are welcome to stop in! The Learning Center is a politics free zone! LOL!
Best Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
10-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #4

hmmm...i would like to see the original version

10-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Rupert,

I'm not sure what the problem is but I noticed that all your photos are extremely blurry and noisy despite the fact that they were taken at low ISO level. I'm not sure whether it's your PP that's causing this, but you may want to investigate.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but all your photos seem to be washed out, blurry and over processed.
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I thought this was going to be about the Shelby Cobra 427...

This is one of your restaurant friends?

Color version looks like a 1970's magazine shot :-)
10-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Special K...I wish! I would still be out driving it if it was! Yes, it is a eatery employee....I know many here...they all are lined up to model for me...I appreciate their help!
You know, you are exactly right........I couldn't place the look, but 70's Magazine is a perfect description.....you nailed it!
Regards & Thanks!

Keejoonc- While I agree these are problem shots, I think I already acknowledged that....I can't agree that "All" are out of focus or over processed. I am careful with the word "All", it seldom fits and has always gotten me in trouble. Some, even most, are decent words that will give you some slack...but "All" leaves no wiggle room.

If this one is blurry, perhaps you should clean your screen?
Best Regards! & Thanks for commenting, even if I don't agree.
[IMG] [/IMG]

10-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Rupert,

Perhaps I didn't choose my words properly. I checked out a few of your photos while going through this forum and just noticed that many were (or at least the ones I came across) were blurry / washed out and had too much processing done on the skin. I noticed it on your photo of a girl from church as well.

I know that you already said the above image didnt' come out that well, but considering the image was taken at ISO 200 with shutter speed of 1/125s I'm baffled as to why the image would come out like that. Hence, I was wondering what sort of PP you did to the above image. As ramair455 said above, I would be interested to see the original image without the PP done on it.

If I offended you in any way, I apologise. I'm simply curious as to what caused the image to come out like that.

PS: the last image you posted looks alright to me so it's not my monitor

Last edited by keejoonc; 10-21-2010 at 11:56 PM.
10-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No no! No offense taken.....just a caution on the use of the work "ALL'...and that is from my bad experiences with that word myself!
The reason I am here is because I want to get better, and if I was already perfect, I wouldn't need to be in this particular Forum. Like everyone, (another word to use cautiously) Pros included, we get some shots we like for various reasons, but lack technical qualities for other various reasons. Artistically or emotionally appealing, but with flaws that keep it from being what we would desire it to be......I get lots of those, and would bet you do too! LOL!

Best Regards! & Thanks again.......all comments are appreciated, like I said, even the ones I don't agree with. I seem to seldom agree with Mrs Rupert, but she's been around over 45 years.......of course, she is probably better looking than you are! LOL!