Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Danille's first model test...
Lens: SMC-A 50mm 1.4 Camera: K20 Photo Location: outside ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F2 

These are the agents "picks" from Danielle's first real photo shoot with a hair & makeup artist.

She wall very excited as she had never been "dolled up" for photos before. Mom & agent where in the background taking Iphones pics the whole time.

These iphones & facebook pics can be a real pain in the ass at photoshoots, they post pics hours after the shoot if you dont stipulate things before hand. But, but when all said and done, she is a enjoyable kid to shoot!

Trends - there is this new trend in fashion for photos to look old & distressed.

Agent asks - "can you make one of her head shots look old & faded out?"

I say - "like an old faded print form kodacolor 200 from the 80's...yeah I guess"

....what the hell do i need with gigmegapixels & great IQ for
if everyone wants digital to look like 80's film.

10-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I'm no model or agency photographer but I think you've done well here. I especially like #1. Your model has exquisite eyes and beautiful soft complexion. IMO the agent should consider these more important.
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramair455 Quote

Trends - there is this new trend in fashion for photos to look old & distressed.

Agent asks - "can you make one of her head shots look old & faded out?"

I say - "like an old faded print form kodacolor 200 from the 80's...yeah I guess"

....what the hell do i need with gigmegapixels & great IQ for
if everyone wants digital to look like 80's film.
Yup. Not sure if it's a new trend but it's definitely there. My wife get's Vogue magazine and I see a lot of fashion shoots where the Ad campaign looks faded, grainy, washed out, and old. I try to replicate the shots with my wife and friends, but never post them here because i don't wish to get ridiculed for IQ It's fun though.

Good job. BTW, my wife liked the 2nd photo in your series here the best.
10-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys! Yes, I think the first pick is the best, but the old faded version is growing on me

10-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like no's 2 & 3 if you are going for a fashion model look........
cheers
Jan
10-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #6

I like the second one the best. I wish I had take it

This first one is a bit unflattering to her nose I think. Not crazy about the grain is the last one. Looks strange to me... to digital maybe
10-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First one is a good shot. I like her look. If you had raised the camera up a wee bit, you'll take out that glow in the upper left, and the distracting chunk of green in the upper right.

2nd shot is a stylish look and portrait, however looking at her two pics, you can see the hair being full and hugging the face and neck adds weight to her. Probably not something you want to do to a model, especially not for her portfolio. They may think that's her most recent one and she's gained weight, even though it's just the look doing it.

3rd one is just an awkward shot and angle, and certainly doesn't show off her beauty. The cold, grainy, purple cast doesn't look good.