Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Rusty + Mike
Lens: Da 18-55 Camera: Pentax K2000 Photo Location: Nashville, Tn 

[CENTER]Heres a few I took when visiting and riding with some friends to a car show In nashville. The cars name is Rusty...and is amazing, but Ill just leave it at that. Last one is another friends car and I hate that I cut the rear of the car off. XD Just wanted to get some CC on these, as I liked them the best out of my set.

IMGP2861

IMGP2809

Last edited by Mushroom_Toy; 11-10-2010 at 08:28 AM.
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool car- wow!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Wow great stuff, don't like the top-chop that much though,

anyway, I especially like the first photo. Good sense of speed and the special interior of the car. The only thing a bit distracting is the gearlever. But in a small area difficult to work around. Maybe ask him to keep his hand on there and try a wide angle shot from up front or with a close up of his hand on the lever?

The other pics are ok, but not too special compositionwise. The second picture looks slanted and could have focussed more on the lowness and camber of the car (respect!). The third one is unfortunately out of frame and a bit weird because of the wide angle. Use a wide angle lens more towards the edges of the car instead of the middle.
11-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hardleers Quote
Wow great stuff, don't like the top-chop that much though,

anyway, I especially like the first photo. Good sense of speed and the special interior of the car. The only thing a bit distracting is the gearlever. But in a small area difficult to work around. Maybe ask him to keep his hand on there and try a wide angle shot from up front or with a close up of his hand on the lever?

The other pics are ok, but not too special compositionwise. The second picture looks slanted and could have focussed more on the lowness and camber of the car (respect!). The third one is unfortunately out of frame and a bit weird because of the wide angle. Use a wide angle lens more towards the edges of the car instead of the middle.
Thanks! Yeah on the first shot I cant really recreate that till the next time im there....theyre in Tn im in Ga. XD Im gonna throw up another rolling shot in place of that one, because that ones never seemed right to me, even though i like the darkness of it. XD

EDIT: Alright I changed two of the pics to other ones of my set, let me know what ya think.

Last edited by Mushroom_Toy; 11-10-2010 at 08:29 AM.
11-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #5

To be honest: I like those way better. Better stance/composition. PS. is this from the same guys as that other rusted BMW? http://hollispark.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rusted5.jpg
11-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
To be honest: I like those way better. Better stance/composition. PS. is this from the same guys as that other rusted BMW? http://hollispark.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rusted5.jpg
Its the same. Its my buddy Mike Burroughs car.

Heres the build thread.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos] - StanceWorks
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the third shot. The motion of the shot really makes it pop!

11-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stl09 Quote
I like the third shot. The motion of the shot really makes it pop!
Thanks.
11-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Mushroom_Toy Quote
Its the same. Its my buddy Mike Burroughs car.

Heres the build thread.

Rusty's Build Thread [250+ photos] - StanceWorks

Sweet! I have been seeing the car popping up now and then in Car forums here in the Netherlands. I like it alot, only not to keen on the topchop; although it is something different. Already checked out his account on Flickr. Some nice pics up there as well.
11-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Sweet! I have been seeing the car popping up now and then in Car forums here in the Netherlands. I like it alot, only not to keen on the topchop; although it is something different. Already checked out his account on Flickr. Some nice pics up there as well.
Yeah hes got some nice stuff up on flickr. Hes a great guy has two amazing cars. XD
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #11

Always good to have friends like that . I got some friends in the aircooled vw scene, lowered beetles, rats, that kind of work. Still hoping for some sun this fall so we can get some nice shots in. Also still need to make my own rig.
11-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
Always good to have friends like that . I got some friends in the aircooled vw scene, lowered beetles, rats, that kind of work. Still hoping for some sun this fall so we can get some nice shots in. Also still need to make my own rig.
Indeed. I love rats and love vws too. I have a Honda/Toyota, and a couple Kawasakis though. XD Speaking of Vw beetle...

11-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #13

I love old skool toyota's. Im driving a mk2 jetta though

Speaking about beetles?

made with my fathers old KX, the one that started it all
11-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
^Thats pretty sick. Yeah Ive got an old 86 accord, and my yota is just a simple 91 pickup. Ive had lots of classics and antiques...but I love my cars that dont die. XD