Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Girls!
Lens: DA*50-135 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F9.5 

Tuesday has become our "Shooting Day" and I got these this week. I had a lot of problems, some caused by equipment failure (transmitter) but most by User Error.

I wanted to try the foam board, but was running very late and didn't have time to pick up a sheet of white foamboard.....next week! I had a lot of really bad shots, but I also had some that gave me a little hope for believing I may eventually get decent at this. As always, my girls were wonderful! We may not get the best of shots, but we always have fun.....and Pizza and drinks!
Best Regards!

Why so gloomy Shelby?
Attachment 75803

That's the Shelby I know!
Name:  IMGP1309-700.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  106.8 KB

Lacie...not too much of that! You are just perfect like you are!
Name:  IMGP1274-700.jpg
Views: 2891
Size:  132.7 KB

For me this is just fun and a learning experience, but for those that earn their living at this, my hat is off to you.....this is hard work, and requires a lot of skill, you have my respect!

Last edited by Rupert; 07-09-2015 at 11:04 AM.
11-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely getting better, Rupert! I very much like all three. (The first is my favorite) All of them nicely display a certain mood/state. The overall quality of the image has improved too, it seems to me... Better contrast and WB... (This is a very subjective appreciation--I have no experience in doing portraits, and I'm just a photo amateur.)
11-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Damn!, Rupert. Those are all good. (First one is just bit too yellow, maybe?)
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
First one is just bit too yellow, maybe?
I think that too. Still, not as yellow as the previous ones.

11-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys.....I had a hard day, not much went right, and I am thinking this may be the "nature" of this kind of work? As most that know me know...I have a strong tendency to "go yellow"....I think it is in my genes. I am trying to break the bad habit, but do slip back easily...too easily!
I got several I liked, this one may be my favorite just because of the pose......for someone that has never modeled, Shelby is superb! She is a keeper for sure!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & Thanks for the comments!
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
clarkebd

I really like the pose of the first one best. A little distracted by the bottom left corner though. Very nice otherwise!
11-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I like!

#1 & #3 are especially great!

11-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Banned

Jimbo: Not bad, but no way in hell these girls are from Texas. We all know you only hang around with heffers. So, where's a sitting with Lacie's Mom you promised in the other Forum? Just as I thought: She won't fit the frame. Cheers. Don
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Brian...Pablo.....I am trying to get some decent shots as I learn, and your comments are both encouraging and helpful.

Mr Don........Texas girls are gorgeous! Everyone knows that...but you! Lacies Mom is a stunner, and we will be seeing her soon....then you can decide if she "fits the frame". LOL!

Best Regards!
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots, Jim. Don't listen to Don, he is jealous of all those beautiful Texas women you show us. I tried to shoot some South Carolina women once, but the barbed wire fence kept getting in my way.
11-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

seems I have to visit Texas !
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Ron! I appreciate those kind words and am sorry about the barbed wire fence, you know Mr Don confuses fine women and Squirrels with goats.....it's that Shiraz that crosses up his eyes!

Jlsa,.....I take it that is a compliment for my girls! You are welcome here any time, we have Pizza and Hot Wings on Tuesdays, and always have plenty. The girls are not only lovely, they are fun too!
11-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love the poses and expressions you were able to capture here, very natural and fun.
Lighting is always the key with shots like this, and even though I am a newbie at this most of what I have been reading and seeing would suggest a reflector from a low angle to diffuse the shadows some more. This is true especially around the nose, which seems to be the "usual suspect". With the models you have you should be excelling in no time.
Cheers
11-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #14

I'm not sure that I am best qualified to C&C, but these shots are ... prettier than Festus (not that there's anything wrong with the Festus, he's cool).

I enjoy looking at the expressions in these shots. Nice portraits.